Door panel removal tips?

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have a 2018 Rubicon, does anyone know the trick to getting the door panels off? I got the 5 screws out, I have pushed, and pulled and they will not pop off. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Sponsored

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a 2018 Rubicon, does anyone know the trick to getting the door panels off? I got the 5 screws out, I have pushed, and pulled and they will not pop off. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
There's a hidden screw behind a plastic cover on the interior door handle. It has a little indentation where you can pry it off.

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a hidden screw behind a plastic cover on the interior door handle. It has a little indentation where you can pry it off.
I got the big one under the handle, is there 2 screws? I only found 1 under there.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The cables and latch hold it in. I did mine by reaching up behind.

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cables and latch hold it in. I did mine by reaching up behind.

Thank you, you helped me find a better video. But Damn, I will pulling hard, and they still didn't budge... I guess I will try again.
Thank you everyone. 1st time jeep owner, 1st forum I have ever joined. Seems like a great group of jeep people.

Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thank you, you helped me find a better video. But Damn, I will pulling hard, and they still didn't budge... I guess I will try again.
Thank you everyone. 1st time jeep owner, 1st forum I have ever joined. Seems like a great group of jeep people.
Slow and steady and sometimes it takes just a bit more pressure than you would expect. But get it pulled away and look around. You will be happy when you get it all done.

What are you working on that makes you need to pull the panel?

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow and steady and sometimes it takes just a bit more pressure than you would expect. But get it pulled away and look around. You will be happy when you get it all done.

What are you working on that makes you need to pull the panel?
I found 8 squares of Dynamat extreme in the garage, and wanted to try it on the inside of the door panels to see how it deadens the sound around the door area. Has anyone tried this before, is it worth the effort?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My gut tells me probably not worth it, but that could depend on whether you have a hard or soft top.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I found 8 squares of Dynamat extreme in the garage, and wanted to try it on the inside of the door panels to see how it deadens the sound around the door area. Has anyone tried this before, is it worth the effort?
My tub was dynomat over the almost the entire rear and I can tell. On the doors I am not sure. Hard top or soft?

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tub was dynomat over the almost the entire rear and I can tell. On the doors I am not sure. Hard top or soft?
Hardtop with boom mat headliner. The headliner made such a huge difference, seemed like the only road noise was coming in from the door area, so thought I would try this and see what happens. Didn't really find any discussions of anyone else trying it.

Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hardtop with boom mat headliner. The headliner made such a huge difference, seemed like the only road noise was coming in from the door area, so thought I would try this and see what happens. Didn't really find any discussions of anyone else trying it.
It’s up to you to lead the way it appears. Should be an easy job once you get those panels off.

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys for responding. Will try 1 more time to get them off, if not. I'm done. :angry: . Have a good evening.

OP
OP

cstorey780

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to use a plastic pry tool on the spots where plastic snaps are. Here is diagram
66C25EE3-06F5-4316-B945-5E21507E0966.png
Thank you sir. Very awesome diagram. appreciate the help.

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
How did it go? Did you apply any inside them? I’ve done every part of the interior of the Jeep so far except for the doors which is tomorrow’s task.
Sponsored