Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm lost at what fenders to get on my JLURD once it arrives and those Nemesis ones look great! I really wanted to try to keep some sort of JL identifier up front with the whole LED in the fenders thing, but man those blinkers in the grill look outstanding!! I don't know what to do now. What lights did you use for the blinkers?
They are from American Superlite with their rubber surrounds. Super easy to install. Just need the correct size hole saw. Thankfully had mine left over from cutting the steel grill on my TJ. So the plastic JL grill was like butter.

This is one labor of love. Good job on doing things yourself. I'm getting to an age I don't even feeling turning a screwdriver anymore, if I can pay someone else to do it.
Nothing wrong letting others wrench for you. I feel like I have to force myself to turn wrenches anymore. It's more to keep my mind occupied than anything else. What's really awesome to me is Anya and I did this Jeep together. We picked the options and what we wanted and we enjoy the fruits of our labor together. If we can build a Jeep together anyone can. :)
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Beast build!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Good seeing a familiar name from Jeepsunlimited days. Those markers look much bigger on the JL than they did on your TJ

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Good seeing a familiar name from Jeepsunlimited days. Those markers look much bigger on the JL than they did on your TJ
I was happy there was enough room to fit them. It is pretty tight behind the grill. There is a sub frame that ties the sides together right behind the light. So you have move the grill out a bit but so far nobody has noticed. They are identical lights to the TJ. :)

15KaneCreek1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Is 4.5" the final lift height you ended up running?
Yes. 4.5" RK Coils. I haven't set down to think about the spring perch height difference from the stock axles to the Dynatrac axles though. The stock axles have that angled bit for the coils. The Dynatrac axles have it built in. Plus the larger diameter tubes may make a difference. So there are small variances in saying it is a 4.5" lift.

HayBuiltJLU

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Yes. 4.5" RK Coils. I haven't set down to think about the spring perch height difference from the stock axles to the Dynatrac axles though. The stock axles have that angled bit for the coils. The Dynatrac axles have it built in. Plus the larger diameter tubes may make a difference. So there are small variances in saying it is a 4.5" lift.
That is a good point about the spring perch and tube diameter. I am installing 3.5" metalcloack springs with 1/2" spacer with East Coast Gear Supply Dana 60s. I'm interested to compare ground to frame measurements between our setups....I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 40s

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I can take any measurement you like to compare. We might need to measure axle tube to frame to be certain because weight and tire pressure and tire height will play into all of it.

Have you had any time on the Boss 40's? I've had my eye on them for my next set of wheels. :)

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.