Don’t be this guy...

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Harley had this problem on some of the Tri-Glide trikes a few years ago. They blamed it on the aluminum wheels not holding torque as well and advised retorqueing every 8-900 miles.
Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Did he not have lug nuts? How do you end up having two wheels just fall off?
My dealer only torqued the wheels on to 100 ft-lbs instead of 130 as the manual states. They said it was because they didn't have access to all of FCA's systems/databases and were not prompted to do so on the screen. Yes, you heard that right, dealerships do not have all the necessary tools/info at any time to work on FCA products competently. Calling FCA confirmed it, the dealership can make up their own standards on how trained a tech is. So it is reasonable to see that some dipstick didn't torque on one tire right. And the other came off when the first came off and yanked at the rear-driver wheel sideways with the turn

Sponsored

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Is it me or did the white car that got double smacked just start driving off like nothing happened?
What kinda shit luck do you have to have to get hit by two wheels rolling down the street.

It’s probably some kid driving his parents car knowing his dad won’t believe him.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
My dealer only torqued the wheels on to 100 ft-lbs instead of 130 as the manual states. They said it was because they didn't have access to all of FCA's systems/databases and were not prompted to do so on the screen. Yes, you heard that right, dealerships do not have all the necessary tools/info at any time to work on FCA products competently. Calling FCA confirmed it, the dealership can make up their own standards on how trained a tech is. So it is reasonable to see that some dipstick didn't torque on one tire right. And the other came off when the first came off and yanked at the rear-driver wheel sideways with the turn
Not quite the same thing, but the first time I took off the locking lug nuts that the dealer had added I realized they weren't torqued at all. About what you'd expect if you just snugged it up with an impact with the intention of torquing properly later but then forgot to do it.

Fortunately at least the other four from the factory were fine!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I feel really sorry for the poor folks in the car.

can you imagine being in that car and looking to turn only to see some morons tires flying toward your car..... OMG.

TALK ABOUT BEING IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME!!!

I’d say the person in the Jeep had to go change clothes!!!!

I know that was real life but looks like something out of a movie to me!!!!

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Car kept driving because 50% of drivers in the OPark are uninsured or don't have licenses. They might as well drive on, they have no leverage. I'm kidding but I can say that bc I'm from the OP.
Sponsored