Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1?

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Is anyone using the CFX3 45 in a JLU with the Goose Gear platform and Goose Gear slide on the drivers side with the seats up? I have the GG items on order and I was going to install them and see how much room I had before placing an order for a fridge. The two I have narrowed it down to are the ARB Series II 37qt and the Dometic CFX3 45. I spoke with GG and they were not sure how well everything would fit. I also have the Outback Tailgater installed as well. Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone using the CFX3 45 in a JLU with the Goose Gear platform and Goose Gear slide on the drivers side with the seats up? I have the GG items on order and I was going to install them and see how much room I had before placing an order for a fridge. The two I have narrowed it down to are the ARB Series II 37qt and the Dometic CFX3 45. I spoke with GG and they were not sure how well everything would fit. I also have the Outback Tailgater installed as well. Any input would be appreciated.
I have the CFX40. The width is a problem. I had to remove my insulator. I also had to remove the corner skid plates as well. Even then it rubs on the fridge slide screws. The width of each cooler is the same per the dimensions on the Dometic site. By these dimensions your CFX3 45 will fit the goose gear slide.

cfx40.JPG

cfx345.JPG

gg.jpg

Sponsored

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe, gladiator
I picked up a 75DZ from dometic directly. It’s way bigger than I expected. I read the measurements but…. Love it, just bigger than I anticipated.

notacon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport unlimited
Anyone have the dometic CFX3 45 in their JL? If so let’s see how it looks in your Jeep and any tips on your experience with it.
I have one in my 2019 JLU Sport. CFX3 45 on Goose gear base plate using Dometic slide. Fits with the rear seats up and the handles on and all trim panels still in place. I had to drill 4 new mounting holes in the goose gear base and remove the 2 front mounting tabs on the Dometic slide. All very easy, biggest hassle figuring out where to mount the slide so everything fits. Really happy with the setup. Note, with the fridge in this location the dometic 12 v plug is to long to fit in the rear 12v plug. I use a jackery for power but will be adding an additional 12 plug as soon as the parts come in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? IMG_1044.JPG

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I built a platform to replace the 40% rear seat. Constructed of paintable plywood with plasti-dip finish. I used an angle bracket on the middle support to bolt into the seat anchor and it won't move at all. I added a D-ring to each of the rear seat bolts on the driver's seat to attach cam straps for the fridge handle, and run a rear strap through the cargo tie-down near that corner. Space under the fridge for a lithium battery pack but also easy to run power from the cargo port on driver's side or 110v on back of console. I have grand plans to run a more permanent power source but so far has worked well enough for me to put that project off. Fridge comes in and out easily, and the platform is great for groceries or other items.

With the fridge mounted opening from the front the lid barely clears the roll bar/speakers, but the cover will actually make just enough contact to keep it open when digging for those last beers. It is also pretty easy for my wife to reach back while we're driving to get snacks/lunch/beverages.

I will say I've found the Dometic CFX app to be horrible. It requires location data to function and often won't connect or connects inconsistently.

All joints glued and reinforced with steel brackets:
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Jeep Fridge 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Jeep Fridge 2

Steel brackets for added rigidity and speed holes for battery ventilation and power cords:
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Jeep Fridge 3

Battery pack under the platform, also storage for tow strap, towel, and first aid kit:
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Jeep Fridge 4

Tight fit between wheel well and 60% seat but it helps hold everything in place:
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Jeep Fridge 5

Fridge on recent trip up Mary Ellen Gulch and Mineral Basin. Structure on ridge is top of Snowbird tram and the "cloud" is the start of the Parley's Fire a couple weeks ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Jeep Fridge 6

bhagen

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I built a platform to replace the 40% rear seat. Constructed of paintable plywood with plasti-dip finish. I used an angle bracket on the middle support to bolt into the seat anchor and it won't move at all. I added a D-ring to each of the rear seat bolts on the driver's seat to attach cam straps for the fridge handle, and run a rear strap through the cargo tie-down near that corner. Space under the fridge for a lithium battery pack but also easy to run power from the cargo port on driver's side or 110v on back of console. I have grand plans to run a more permanent power source but so far has worked well enough for me to put that project off. Fridge comes in and out easily, and the platform is great for groceries or other items.

With the fridge mounted opening from the front the lid barely clears the roll bar/speakers, but the cover will actually make just enough contact to keep it open when digging for those last beers. It is also pretty easy for my wife to reach back while we're driving to get snacks/lunch/beverages.

I will say I've found the Dometic CFX app to be horrible. It requires location data to function and often won't connect or connects inconsistently.

All joints glued and reinforced with steel brackets:

Steel brackets for added rigidity and speed holes for battery ventilation and power cords:

Battery pack under the platform, also storage for tow strap, towel, and first aid kit:

Tight fit between wheel well and 60% seat but it helps hold everything in place:

Fridge on recent trip up Mary Ellen Gulch and Mineral Basin. Structure on ridge is top of Snowbird tram and the "cloud" is the start of the Parley's Fire a couple weeks ago.
Love this setup!
Any chance you have plans for the plywood? This is pretty much exactly what I've had in mind for my setup. Already got a lithium pack under the trunk so I might throw an inverter in the extra space.

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I'll see what I have or try to measure what I built in the next day or so.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I made a quick drawing of the fridge platform I designed/built. This works with the rubber floor mats in place. It may need some tweaking if you just have carpet or another arrangement. You can cut all pieces from a single 24"x48"x.75" piece of sanded plywood. I coated a few times with plasti-dip.

Angle brackets were just steel stuff I picked up from the home center. I had to enlarge the slot and slightly bend the one used to secure the middle support to the seat bolt.

I used these tie-down rings from Amazon. Seem to work well for this application, but you may be able to find something that works better for you. The holes do fit the seat bolts without modification.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dometic CFX45. Whose got 1? Fridge Platform Plans 2021

bhagen

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I made a quick drawing of the fridge platform I designed/built. This works with the rubber floor mats in place. It may need some tweaking if you just have carpet or another arrangement. You can cut all pieces from a single 24"x48"x.75" piece of sanded plywood. I coated a few times with plasti-dip.

Angle brackets were just steel stuff I picked up from the home center. I had to enlarge the slot and slightly bend the one used to secure the middle support to the seat bolt.

I used these tie-down rings from Amazon. Seem to work well for this application, but you may be able to find something that works better for you. The holes do fit the seat bolts without modification.

Thank you! Greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into getting this all together.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Here is my setup with AAL platform, slider and cargo shelf. PM me if you have any questions. Cheers
8A5B5666-5ADA-45D4-B9E5-CF6D5EB02C80.jpeg
@Mugzzzee

I'm under the impression that you could bolt the CFX3 45 down to the AAL slider. Is there any reason you're using straps? Have you tried to bolt it down? I've got the same setup ordered and I haven't seen a whole lot about securing the fridge, but the wording on their site has me believing I can get away without using straps for this setup.

Last edited:

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I have one in my 2019 JLU Sport. CFX3 45 on Goose gear base plate using Dometic slide. Fits with the rear seats up and the handles on and all trim panels still in place. I had to drill 4 new mounting holes in the goose gear base and remove the 2 front mounting tabs on the Dometic slide. All very easy, biggest hassle figuring out where to mount the slide so everything fits. Really happy with the setup. Note, with the fridge in this location the dometic 12 v plug is to long to fit in the rear 12v plug. I use a jackery for power but will be adding an additional 12 plug as soon as the parts come in.
Did you use GG supplied nutserts to install the slide? Waiting on my GG plate right now and that's the fridge I need to bolt down. Your install is the closest to what I'm looking for.

Do you have the width of the slide handy? I'm trying to figure out of it's got a smaller footprint than the DFG slide.
Sponsored