Sponsored

Does anyone like their Jeep?

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
HA, not getting rid of it yet! That's my trail rig buddy, we've been through a lot together. Figured keeping it would keep me from taking a $60 rig out and beating it up on the pretty extreme outings I go on with my Jeep club.
Hell ya, whenever I end up winning the Lottery there will be an LJ in the garage turned into something nasty.
Sponsored

travis304

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, Barely street-able S197/E85
From a fmr. mechanic's perspective:

The JL/U has been one of the better vehicle's I've owned. Build quality is above average. The 3.6L is reliable. Things seem engineered to be easy to fix. Even the ZF 8-spd is one of the easier transmissions to work on. You can do your own valve body and solenoids in about two hours if you're mechanically inclined and can follow basic instruction. Not so on most transmissions. Very surprising for German engineering.

Ride quality's good for a solid front axle. Paint quality's good. Body panels and fixtures/fasteners are high quality, compared to many vehicles. OE "wear-replace" parts that I swapped out after purchasing mine were in great condition at 80k mileage.

Can't speak to the refreshed JL or higher trims. But the 18-to-23 Sport/S series has a good balance of technology without being burdensome. Simple touch screen, decent features.

The only thing I'll turn my nose up to are Rubicon trims. Not worth the price, unless you want to pay a high premium to get features that can be installed aftermarket (usually higher quality) for less $$$. Otherwise, just buy a base model and put your own lockers and other work into it.

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
YES! I've had a TJ, a JK and now a JL. Loved them all. I will be getting another. They have all been 2 door but that's a discussion for another thread. The JL has been the only auto and looking forward to going back to manual if it is still available. It's been a good auto but I miss the 6 speed.

Birdcatcher

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD > BMW X5, Toy > JLUR 392
So mine is a 2022, 392 (July). Around ~4K miles now.

Transfer case failed around ~300 miles. Was at the dealer for ~a month. The floor board (in the boot) was all scratched when I got it back. As if they stored the defective transfer case in the boot and dragged it in/ out of it, or some other hard metal objects).

No loaner given/ offered (even when insisted).

Did not even care to wash it after it got fixed, and before giving it back. It had bird poop at a few places from being parked outside for a month, the driver floor mat, door trim, door handle etc. were greasy/ dirty from mechanics getting in and out. This is for a less than 2 month old Jeep 80K+ vehicle.
I got pissed and asked them to wash it. They made me wait for 2-3 hrs.

Came with 3.7 degrees caster and wandered like crazy (it was almost unsafe to drive on public roads).

JEEP CARE (or whatever they call it) is a joke.

The SOT rattles whenever I hit a minor undulation on the road.

The dash resonates at idling - if I have the performance exhaust switched on/ open.

If I crank up the volume to 15 or more, the subwoofer box, side plastic panels in the boot start to resonate. This is with the bass at "0".

If I go to the dealer and open my mouth to say anything, before any words come out, the service rep blurts out "It's a Jeep thing, get used to it..."

I had to change the front LCA's to correct caster and make it drivable, but the dealer said now my 6 yrs extended warranty is void, since I've modded the suspension :) lol.

I never listen to the stereo in the Jeep, I can't stand the sound of plastic panels vibrating.

Do I enjoy my Jeep? Actually, not so much. However, I just love and enjoy the 392 HEMI/ ZF drivetrain and hence I still own it! It brings a smile on my face every time I start it up (NOTE - not when I sit in the JEEP, just when I crank the engine :)). It's all about the HEMI for me!

Will I buy another one? No
Will I ever sell this one? Very unlikely.

Sponsored

UTME

First Name
T-Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon-X Unlimited Firecracker Red
So mine is a 2022, 392 (July). Around ~4K miles now.

Transfer case failed around ~300 miles. Was at the dealer for ~a month. The floor board (in the boot) was all scratched when I got it back. As if they stored the defective transfer case in the boot and dragged it in/ out of it, or some other hard metal objects).

No loaner given/ offered (even when insisted).

Did not even care to wash it after it got fixed, and before giving it back. It had bird poop at a few places from being parked outside for a month, the driver floor mat, door trim, door handle etc. were greasy/ dirty from mechanics getting in and out. This is for a less than 2 month old Jeep 80K+ vehicle.
I got pissed and asked them to wash it. They made me wait for 2-3 hrs.

Came with 3.7 degrees caster and wandered like crazy (it was almost unsafe to drive on public roads).

JEEP CARE (or whatever they call it) is a joke.

The SOT rattles whenever I hit a minor undulation on the road.

The dash resonates at idling - if I have the performance exhaust switched on/ open.

If I crank up the volume to 15 or more, the subwoofer box, side plastic panels in the boot start to resonate. This is with the bass at "0".

If I go to the dealer and open my mouth to say anything, before any words come out, the service rep blurts out "It's a Jeep thing, get used to it..."

I had to change the front LCA's to correct caster and make it drivable, but the dealer said now my 6 yrs extended warranty is void, since I've modded the suspension :) lol.

I never listen to the stereo in the Jeep, I can't stand the sound of plastic panels vibrating.

Do I enjoy my Jeep? Actually, not so much. However, I just love and enjoy the 392 HEMI/ ZF drivetrain and hence I still own it! It brings a smile on my face every time I start it up (NOTE - not when I sit in the JEEP, just when I crank the engine :)). It's all about the HEMI for me!

Will I buy another one? No
Will I ever sell this one? Very unlikely.
Why didn’t you get a TRX instead?

wjcubellis

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon
Seems like it's just one negative story after another, some jeeps have problems, it's very frustrating I get it! I'm certainly not rubbing it in to those who are. At this time, I'm not having any problems and I really & truly hope it stays that way. Right now, I'm just enjoying my Jeep. On road, off-road, after market accessories, it's a blast to drive around.

Is anyone else having good luck and enjoying their Jeep?
I had my 2001 TJ for 22 years. I hated giving it up, but like a new trophy wife, I'm LOVING it. At this point. I just hope I can still get another 2 door before I can't drive....

rle737ng

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Mojito!
I love mine. 2018 JLU Sport S. 2.0 L Turbo mild hybrid. Don't drive a lot anymore, only have about 28,000 miles.

Sponsored

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
3rd wrangler. TJ and JK
I'm enjoying my JL now after I got everything sorted out. It was a pain in the ass for over a year though in and out of the shop. They aren't made like Toyotas thats for certain. Know that going in and its alright. The wrangler is an Interesting rig for sure.

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel FarOut
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
One year and a little over 8K miles in and I'm still thoroughly enjoying my Jeep. I still look back at it every time I walk away.
A year and 8k in? I'm 2 months and 2k miles in. Call me McDonald's cuz I'm Lovin' It

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I have loved all my Jeeps! I will always miss the TJ the most, although my back sure does appreciate the JT a ton!

Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone like their Jeep? 7BE0F931-F4B4-4E6C-BC38-067D1067B2E6

IMG_5273.jpeg
Sponsored