Do you take the doors off?

Do you take the doors off?

• Total voters

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
In my JK I had my doors off all the time. Roof was sometimes on, sometimes off. If I get a JL, I imagine that now that I have a daughter I might leave the rear doors on but remove the fronts (she's only 1yo).
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
TJ - Doors off, JKUR - Doors off, JLUR - doors will be off when it gets warm enough.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
With my TJ, my bottom of the half doors would come off for short trips but thatā€™s about it. The top halves only went on during the winter.

On my JK, I never once took the doors off. I only took the freedom panels off two or three times ever.

With the JL, the freedom panels come off every time itā€™s not going to rain that day, and the front doors have been off a few times. Still havenā€™t taken the rears off because I donā€™t trust my dogs enough.

C8DF67F3-D2FE-423B-A66F-E8B7FD616924.jpeg

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2ā€ stage 2 Icon lift 37ā€ Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20ā€ Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Prob in the minority but I donā€™t like it w the doors off. Just a little too exposed for my liking. Top off, no problem but not top and full doors off. I am looking for some nice half doors that will look good.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Iā€™m not much of an off-roader as itā€™s very limited here on Long Island but stripping the Jeep down and going topless and/or doorless is the main reason I bought one. Nothing like it. Never know what configuration Iā€™ll be driving thatā€™s half the fun.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Maybe debunk the myth, but I have been told once the doors come off the leaks,rust, wind noise,etc start happening.

Any truth? Assuming you don' scratch the paint.
The doors essentially come off every time you open the door to get in or out...

On the JL, it's just the hinge bolts and the door stop + connector and they slide right off. No issues here.

Pink Jeep.jpg

Sponsored

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
With my TJ I had removed the carpet and rhinolined the interior metal. I would go weeks without the top or doors. If it was going to rain overnight, I'd just put big garbage bags over the seats. If it had a chance of raining, I'd put the bimini top on and take my rain jacket and pants with me.

Though the one time I was caught unaware when it said it was going to be sunny...instead it rained then hailed. You know what doesn't move over the jeep when it passes through the air like rain does? Hail. You know what also hurts like hell when it hits you at 45-55 MPH? Hail. Because of that one day I started keeping the bimini and my rain gear in the Jeep at all times.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Iā€™m not much of an off-roader as itā€™s very limited here on Long Island but stripping the Jeep down and going topless and/or doorless is the main reason I bought one. Nothing like it. Never know what configuration Iā€™ll be driving thatā€™s half the fun.
Same here. I off-road very occasionally, but too down/doors off fun is why I bought the Jeep.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i havent yet but plan to this year when it warms up. also looking to get some tubular doors. those EAGs are very enticing and have good reviews.
ill probably only do the fronts until my little ones are older. mamas afraid they'll fall out. im afraid the little one will be tossing stuff out the side of the car lol
Sponsored