JL or JLU?

• Total voters

Indio

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I already have two older 2 door 4x4s, so the allure of the new JL for me is the four door model. Extra room for family of 4 with gear, and also hauling people around. Other option I am considering is a new economy car for people hauling and non 4x4 trips, since my current economy car is starting to fall apart. And then maybe a first gen Bronco or Unimog 404. (Although my wife might kill me buying another old truck.)
Advertisement

SpaceDog

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
JL.

This will be my DD and I don't like the thought of swinging a JLU's fat ass around in a crowded parking garage on a daily basis.

Last edited:

ForceFed

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK 2-door, JLUR
Getting the dogs in the back seat of our 2-door JK is a bit of a PITA. Getting them in a 4-door makes a big difference.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going for a 2dr. I have 4 younger kids, 2 dogs, and a very patient wife....
Even with the 4dr we couldn't all fit and go on a trip. I put a 3rd row in my last JK, but my youngest son was too young at the time to take with us offroading. I ended up selling it before I could really make use of the 3rd row.

I have a better chance of putting the 2dr JL on a trailer and towing it with my wifes full size SUV to our favorite offroad spots.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I LIKE the JL but have to buy the JLU because it's my daily driver with kids and a large dog.I'm interested in the JT but I doubt I'll be able to justify the price.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Having had both, the JK was much funner around town(Especially with the 6spd) but on the highway the ride and stability on the JKU was far better with the longer wheelbase.

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement