What do you love about the JL/ JLU ?

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I love lots about it, but for me the feature that stands out more than any is the 5 position transfer case. However that is the ONLY thing I like about the Sahara. I think the Rubicon, for me, is superior in every other way except SelecTrac. Yes I know I would loose the 4:1 in the RockTrac but I would trade out those t-cases in a heartbeat.
I have to agree that is the "ONLY thing" and why my love-it list has the only that one item. ;)

I'll add that there is no technical reason why a SelecTrac could not also have a 4:1 part-time low. Or in other words, why a RockTrac could not also have a full-time 4WD high.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Almost forgot, just in case FCA is listening, it should go with out saying but manual linkage on the tcase as well. No electronic engagement.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Love: body on frame with front and rear solid axles in 2018, new grill/lights, body line, rounded windows, hood bulge across the line up

Hate: only Rubicons look good/aggressive, Sahara is a chrome trim piece away from becoming an escalade, no LEDs or body color fenders/top for the Sport, no off road pkg for Sport, wheel options are ugly except for the NON chrome lip Rubicon wheels

In short: the JL is great, but isn’t great for those looking to get one without modifying it to look “good”

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The electronics honestly - being able to charge devices, the back up camera, and the ability to keep key in my pocket to get in and start the car. As lame as that sounds to the group, that really was the three biggest points why I got one now and not an older one.
I'm in the same boat. I love how Jeep has finally brought the Wranger up to date with the times. That alone opened up a whole new market for people like me, who have always been interested, but wasn't enough to pull the trigger.

After driving nastyass humvees and tanks for years, I really appreciate technology and comfort in off road vehicles.

Sponsored

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
If you got the 430 radio in your JK do the backup camera mod. Very cheap and easy if you already have that.

Otherwise easy to add with somehing like the Magellan GPS with DashCam and RearCam support (you don’t need the $150 adapter for it, an RCA to mini jack for $5 will add it for a total of about $25 ontop of that.

Very easy mod, and definitely worth it, have had one or the other on all my JKs.
The JK I just bought has the base radio, which I was happy about, because I go aftermarket on that anyway. I have a lot of $$$ invested in my aftermarket stereo equipment that I removed from my old JK (other than the headunit, which I just left in there, because I bought a cheap one knowing I wasn't keeping it long after my OEM radio was destroyed by a significant quantity of rain that ended up in my car when I forgot to put the top up one night before going to bed), so yea, I am going to put a backup camera in when I get my stereo reinstalled. Lift kit and tires are being done today, stereo will be the Christmas gift to myself, so by Christmas, it should be in the exact condition I want it in.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
In short: the JL is great, but isn’t great for those looking to get one without modifying it to look “good”
Isn't the reason we buy Jeeps (I still don't call it a wrangler) is to modify them? :)

My JK did not look good until I modded it. Minimum, bigger tires and a lift. With the JL, lift may not be necessary, at least with hiline fenders and 35s.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
The biggest thing I like is that one will be sitting in my garage in a few months!!
:rock::handsinair::muscle::jk:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
There are several things I'm really looking forward to, compared to my JK, including the latest UConnect, the off-road screens, guage screen, new 6 speed manual transmission, 33" tires from the factory, back-up cam, heated seats and steering wheel, better rearward visibility, Alpine sound system, molle webbing on the front seatbacks, KO2 tires, the grille, red instrument panel (I hope mine has it), and one of the biggest things, to me.....The easy folding windshield!

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Good news: It looks like the Big Brake Kit is now standard on the Sahara and Rubicon. The specs for the standard brakes and the Mopar big brake kit look to be the same according to what Jay has posted! :rock::clap:
Sponsored