Sponsored

What Do You Like Most/Least About The New JL?

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Great feedback..thanks!

• Styling. Front grill hood and vents looks more aggressive. Maybe sounds silly but a more retro modern look
  • New top options. Especially power slider
  • Better driving characteristics
  • Engine choices with 2.0 and soon to be Diesel
  • Updated quality interior
  • Technology including Uconnect, auxiliary switches, back up camera, lane assist, heated steering wheel
  • Wind noise, from what I hear from the reviews
  • Alexa will start it for me
Dislikes
  • Enxgine choices. Missing a 350hp 350 ftlb torque option
  • No optional rear side air bags. Not even optional? I have kids.
  • Freedom top with more removable panels
  • Ventilated seats. Fully loaded over $50k and no ventilated seats
  • No front parking sensors. It’s setup for sensors so why?
  • Back up camera location. Yes I have been bashed on this before but in my opinion it’s a bad location
  • Tan interior is seats only. That’s to much of a short cut. Door trim and Center console should be tan. I was going to order tan.
  • Red dash on Rubi. Looks good with certain colours but should be an option..
Sponsored

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Dislike:

Price Increase
Start Stop
Turn signals on fenders
Back up camera
D35 ON non Rubicons
That Chrysler Keeps rendering to the Refinement of the Wrangler...Wranglers aren't to be refined vehicles...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Ok. Just sat in a JL Rubicon. They did fix the seatbelt nois issue. Other than the fold down windshield that’s my favorite cow lol.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Ok. Just sat in a JL Rubicon. They did fix the seatbelt nois issue. Other than the fold down windshield that’s my favorite cow lol.
How’d they fix the seatbelt issue?

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Useless. Have one in my civic, never use it. There’s no substitute for turning and looking where you’re going.
It is a nice tool to have in your tool box. Check the camera and then turn around as you would normally. It is not meant to just watch the video as you drive in reverse. I never thought I would get much use out of the camera until I seen how helpful it is when hooking up a trailer.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
They ran it under the plastic cover on what I think is a B pillar. The wind can no longer catch it and make it vibrate like crazy.
nice, thanks for the update

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Useless. Have one in my civic, never use it. There’s no substitute for turning and looking where you’re going.
While I agree with you on the importance of turning and looking, I don't think that makes the camera useless. Turning and looking will not allow you to see the same things as the camera.

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
While I agree with you on the importance of turning and looking, I don't think that makes the camera useless. Turning and looking will not allow you to see the same things as the camera.

There is also a huge difference in quality of cameras....I love the one on my GC, i recently rented a Toyota sedan a few weeks ago and the camera was basically useless....I suspect from what I've seen the wranglers will be every bit as good as the GC if not better, a high quality camera is worth its wait in gold IMHO...a low quality one is fairly useless.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Rear visibility in a Jeep is compromised by the spare tire. I also know personally of several accidents involving toddlers, including 2 fatal accidents, where they could not be seen by turning and looking. Not that I am accusing you of murdering children. But I don't think the camera is useless.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Rear visibility in a Jeep is compromised by the spare tire. I also know personally of several accidents involving toddlers, including 2 fatal accidents, where they could not be seen by turning and looking. Not that I am accusing you of murdering children. But I don't think the camera is useless.
Cross path detection alone ( in my GC) has saved a kid that I could have easily hit backing out of a crowded driveway ( very slowly) with the kid coming down the street on the other side of parked cars... he was invisible to the eye, it’s pretty extraordinary actually... certainly no substitute for your own eyes, but it adds a layer that is really helpful.... the kid was in the wrong, so we’re his parents, but he was like 5/6 years old and it would have been absolutely horrible regardless of blame.... I’m very happy to have these features available.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Dislike:

Price Increase
Start Stop
Turn signals on fenders
Back up camera
D35 ON non Rubicons
That Chrysler Keeps rendering to the Refinement of the Wrangler...Wranglers aren't to be refined vehicles...
At least in the States, the backup camera is mandated by law.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
...wish that some rear airbags were at least an option.

..wish the vehicle existed in a more competitive segment as fca would price and offer options more favorably.
Sponsored