Sponsored

Do NOT do the uconnect update

WVUBrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
I had the offroad pages and everything updated then booted it up yesterday and they were completely gone
Sponsored

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
Been patient for 2 1/2 days and still get this message..
20180916_173633.jpg

Currently on hold and talking to the 3rd different person. I'm not getting the sense that they know what to do.
Well, full disclosure... I have the AT&T Wireless Service and the full Uconnect and SiriusXM Service on mine so there are no service gaps. I'm thinking maybe the update trying to coordinate those that don't have service sounds like it's not working as planned.

That's not good.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Well, full disclosure... I have the AT&T Wireless Service and the full Uconnect and SiriusXM Service on mine so there are no service gaps. I'm thinking maybe the update trying to coordinate those that don't have service sounds like it's not working as planned.

That's not good.
Well, after rounds of multiple people, the last lady (who genuinely cared) really tried to help and talked to multiple parties while talking to me. In the end she was told to tell me to take it to the dealer. Doesn't seem there is anything anyone else can do for me.

WVUBrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
This is seemingly another flawless example of how FCA was completely unprepared to launch something simple

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
Got my update in Chicagoland. Went smoothly. No funny business.
Does the pitch/roll screen turn off at speed greater than 20-25 like the display on gauge cluster?
It turns off just like in the gauge cluster.
Does ORP offer anything other then pitch/roll & the engine gauges?
That's pretty much it. 3 screens.
* Drivetrain - this one's the least useful. Same screen as in your gauge cluster, but it also indicates that my axles are unlocked. Great. I never have my gauges set to the drivetrain screen and I'll never have this set here either.
* Engine gauges - this one's neat since it provides info you can't get in the gauge cluster. I'm sure you'd get alert lights if there was a problem, but here you can see 3 temps, oil pressure, and batt voltage.
* Pitch & Roll - same as in the gauge cluster. But adds lon / lat and elevation, which is neat. I think this is the best feature of the Offroad Pages update, that you get this GPS data.

It said in the "what was changed in this update" that all it delivered was bug-fixes, even tho the ORP were in here.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Got my update in Chicagoland. Went smoothly. No funny business.

It turns off just like in the gauge cluster.

That's pretty much it. 3 screens.
* Drivetrain - this one's the least useful. Same screen as in your gauge cluster, but it also indicates that my axles are unlocked. Great. I never have my gauges set to the drivetrain screen and I'll never have this set here either.
* Engine gauges - this one's neat since it provides info you can't get in the gauge cluster. I'm sure you'd get alert lights if there was a problem, but here you can see 3 temps, oil pressure, and batt voltage.
* Pitch & Roll - same as in the gauge cluster. But adds lon / lat and elevation, which is neat. I think this is the best feature of the Offroad Pages update, that you get this GPS data.

It said in the "what was changed in this update" that all it delivered was bug-fixes, even tho the ORP were in here.
You are also supposed to be able to leave bread crumbs for backwoods trekking. I have not been able to play with it since we got it but from what i saw I was pleasantly surprised. Wife has had it all week and I'm out of town....dang.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I had this thought on another thread, so I figured I'd ask here. Has anyone tested to see if we're lucky enough that they changed the ESS button to retain it's status through on/off cycles? There's an update I'd be eager to have pushed through!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So is there anything that can be done to get my system to search for updates?

Or is it literally whenever it gets pushed to my specific unit...is when it will happen and there's nothing I can do to expedite that?
If you haven't already known of this, you can check Uconnect, but I wouldn't rely on its accuracy.

Support > Software update > enter your VIN

https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You are also supposed to be able to leave bread crumbs for backwoods trekking. I have not been able to play with it since we got it but from what i saw I was pleasantly surprised. Wife has had it all week and I'm out of town....dang.
I believe that feature is in the Nav screen. Oh the Nav home page, enter "where to?"....scroll bottom and enter "trails"....and then start recording. Haven't played with that feature yet, but it should record your progress for an easy return of the same path.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I had this thought on another thread, so I figured I'd ask here. Has anyone tested to see if we're lucky enough that they changed the ESS button to retain it's status through on/off cycles? There's an update I'd be eager to have pushed through!
I don’t think this isn’t a feature you will ever see. ESS exists to help manufacturers meet efficiency and environmental standards.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
ESS isn't going to go away for that reason, but they could make the button retain it's selected status. If the purchaser wants to be inefficient, that's up to them. Much like installing the Mopar lift which likely reduces efficiency too. It's still a Mopar part, but the owner chose that after it was sold. Whether they chose to turn off ESS, or they chose to lift the Jeep creating more drag, it's still originally manufactured and distributed by Jeep in the more efficient configuration. I could be wrong, I don't know how epa standards work. Seems logical though that allowing the button to retain it's selected setting wouldn't hurt epa rating. Heck they could even make it an option via the radio (like the aux switch settings) to be able to select between having the button reset with engine start up, or retain setting through power cycles.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
ESS isn't going to go away for that reason, but they could make the button retain it's selected status. If the purchaser wants to be inefficient, that's up to them. Much like installing the Mopar lift which likely reduces efficiency too. It's still a Mopar part, but the owner chose that after it was sold. Whether they chose to turn off ESS, or they chose to lift the Jeep creating more drag, it's still originally manufactured and distributed by Jeep in the more efficient configuration. I could be wrong, I don't know how epa standards work. Seems logical though that allowing the button to retain it's selected setting wouldn't hurt epa rating. Heck they could even make it an option via the radio (like the aux switch settings) to be able to select between having the button reset with engine start up, or retain setting through power cycles.
No, they can't the EPA wont give them credit unless the default status is ESS on. There are 3rd party options to turn it off but it won't ever come from MOPAR or any of the other manufacturers.