Sponsored

Do NOT do the uconnect update

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Is it even possible that FCA would update steering related programming via uConnect? For the TSB steering flash update, they required bringing it into the dealership, so seems like it wouldn't be able to, but I have idea for sure. Any one know?
@jeremyjeep

Common sense would tell you otherwise ... IF a programming update is done to remedy a steering issue there is absolutely, no way that FCA would not require a road test by a tech, after the update.

No, they are not going to be sending out such an update bundled lets say, in a Uconnect radio update.. No way..
Sponsored

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
After having applied the update, I still continue to not see the Off Road option. Am I missing some configuration?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome look. how did you get the custom background?
Many thanks... In the settings, there's a variety of background themes with set fonts to choose from... I think what I'm using currently is #7 or #13.
Settings > set theme

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I did this update and now my backup camera has no gudience lines.

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
After having applied the update, I still continue to not see the Off Road option. Am I missing some configuration?
It seems to take awhile to show up. Even after starting car it seems to take a minute to show up. Maybe it needs some sort of connection.

Vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU 4xe
Many thanks... In the settings, there's a variety of background themes with set fonts to choose from... I think what I'm using currently is #7 or #13.
Settings > set theme
Oh the theme i get but that eagle background image. is that part of it?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
does it include topo / offroad maps?
Curious about this as well, does ORP offer anything other then pitch/roll & the engine gauges? Speaking of which what are you guys seeing for oil pressure when at normal temp idling (I have a manual trans, not sure if idle speed is different or not).

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Oh sure, Ohio gets ignored again. The butt of jokes in movies, last to get push updates, and a pro football team that likely couldn't beat the state college team. :facepalm: Ha ha, oh well, at least we don't have hurricanes, earthquakes, wild fires, months of 100° or 0° weather.
Ha ha. Seriously though, still no update for me. Of course I haven't driven my Jeep in since Saturday. Maybe I should go fire it up to see if I get the prompt.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So is there anything that can be done to get my system to search for updates?

Or is it literally whenever it gets pushed to my specific unit...is when it will happen and there's nothing I can do to expedite that?

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of things to know about the update:

1) Be Patient...the background ghosting goes away. mine went away after a few minutes. Others have reported taking longer. It does go away.

2) Be Patient...ORP and the other updated items DO show up once the update is completed in your Uconnect system. Once it says "compete", it's really not. The unit is still updating inside. Everything updates and shows up. I would recommend NOT using your radio or system even though you can. This will give all the limited processing power and memory to the update to complete.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
A couple of things to know about the update:

1) Be Patient...the background ghosting goes away. mine went away after a few minutes. Others have reported taking longer. It does go away.

2) Be Patient...ORP and the other updated items DO show up once the update is completed in your Uconnect system. Once it says "compete", it's really not. The unit is still updating inside. Everything updates and shows up. I would recommend NOT using your radio or system even though you can. This will give all the limited processing power and memory to the update to complete.
Been patient for 2 1/2 days and still get this message..
20180916_173633.jpg

Currently on hold and talking to the 3rd different person. I'm not getting the sense that they know what to do.
Sponsored