Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Your app icons and overall screen appearance look different. What version is your Uconnect?
It's not the version... I change up the themes in the appearance settings every now & then.
Sponsored

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2dr Sting Gray
My jeep was delivered with Off Road Pages, so I'm assuming I already have this update and wont need to do it, but can people just turn down the brightness on their dash/screen before doing the update and eliminate this temporary burn-in issue?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Does the pitch/roll screen turn off at speed greater than 20-25 like the display on gauge cluster?

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I strongly recommend upgrading to the unconnect 3. the last thing you want in a jeep more goofy electronics.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Does the pitch/roll screen turn off at speed greater than 20-25 like the display on gauge cluster?
I'd expect the behavior to be the same as it is in the cluster gauge. I can't imagine why the Uconnect screen would display anything differently. I'd give it a try, but we're getting some biblical rains down here & I'm putting the finishing touches on my ark. ;)

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I'd expect the behavior to be the same as it is in the cluster gauge. I can't imagine why the Uconnect screen would display anything differently. I'd give it a try, but we're getting some biblical rains down here & I'm putting the finishing touches on my ark. ;)
You need the pontoon feature for your Jeep. Sadly they have yet to release that.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
I got the prompt to install the update tonight and did it. After it rebooted the update screen is burned into the LED screen. It now shows the update progress of 88% which is where it spends the last 15% of the update permanently burned into the background of every screen.

20180915_213641.jpg

20180915_213414.jpg
Mine went away quickly. After the update completed I turned it off and back on. It was gone.

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
My jeep was delivered with Off Road Pages, so I'm assuming I already have this update and wont need to do it, but can people just turn down the brightness on their dash/screen before doing the update and eliminate this temporary burn-in issue?
was thinking the same, maybe turn down the brightness, not sure if it'll allow you to black out the screen during the update, might be worth a try just to avoid the temporary issue if that worried about it?

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Showed up this morning. Did the update. Ghost screen appeared and no volume on the radio. Lasted about 3 mins, volume came on and ghost screen went away. All normal and now I have Offroad Pages!

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
Can anyone else confirm my suspicions? I previously was experiencing the loose steering at highway speeds issue that many have reported on the forums. But after I took the OTA there was no denying how much tighter my steering became and how straight I track on the highway. Anyone else?

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Do these updates ever advertise any changes aside from the infotainment system?

As for the image retention issue. I’ve noticed that from simple album art persisting from song to song in the Apple CarPlay UI. It’s always gone away quickly so I haven’t thought much about it.

Curious to know if there happens to be any LCD experts out there. Are there any LCD technologies that are designed for high sunlight usage that may have more prevalent image retention issues? I’ve always been impressed with how usable the screen is in direct sunlight. My first thought was maybe there was some correlation.
Sponsored