Sponsored

Do NOT do the uconnect update

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
Bunch off B.S. It has that faint look because its still finalizing that install...it slowly fades as it completes...calm down. It's gone in a few minutes...
This. It's not actually burnin or related ghosting. It's a transparency overlay that's poorly handled during the update process. It looks suspiciously like burnin, but it's certainly not :)

Consider the static elements on any of the other screens with hours worth of driving and there's been no reported burnin to be seen anywhere as of yet.

Once the update completes and you do a full power cycle it's instantly back to normal. Without the fully power cycle the transparent overlay from the update process was still persistent for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
offcamber

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
This. It's not actually burnin or related ghosting. It's a transparency overlay that's poorly handled during the update process. It looks suspiciously like burnin, but it's certainly not :)

Consider the static elements on any of the other screens with hours worth of driving and there's been no reported burnin to be seen anywhere as of yet.

Once the update completes and you do a full power cycle it's instantly back to normal. Without the fully power cycle the transparent overlay from the update process was still persistent for me.
So my update is still going on a week later? I still have the same shadow text on all my screens.

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
So my update is still going on a week later? I still have the same shadow text on all my screens.
If you are seeing multiple layers including the update screen you probably have a failed / incomplete OTA update.

Did you restart your rig while the update was in progress by chance?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I believe that feature is in the Nav screen. Oh the Nav home page, enter "where to?"....scroll bottom and enter "trails"....and then start recording. Haven't played with that feature yet, but it should record your progress for an easy return of the same path.
Thanks will look for it. We find ourselves on allot of unmarked "trails". and it sounds useful. Use a similar feature on back country navigator.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
No, they can't the EPA wont give them credit unless the default status is ESS on. There are 3rd party options to turn it off but it won't ever come from MOPAR or any of the other manufacturers.
Ah, I see. That's the type of stuff I was thinking about when I mentioned not knowing about epa standards.
I'm sure plenty of people will take advantage of those 3rd party options, and/or unplug something and live with the warning light. I'm not going to bother with any of that, I can push a button. Certainly not worth $100+ or having an annoying light on all the time.
So, back on topic, since that's not part of the update. I still haven't got it. I guess they're saving the best state for last.

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S turbo. 2012 Road Glide. 2015 Chrysler 200s V6 AWD.
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase
How do i access the "dealer mode" on the Sport S? I don't have the temp buttons to hold down.........

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
How do i access the "dealer mode" on the Sport S? I don't have the temp buttons to hold down.........
Hmmmm, good question! Did you review Jeep Informats video? Not sure if he mentions it there but perhaps ask in the comments section there as well.
Sponsored