Sponsored

Do NOT do the uconnect update

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Bunch off B.S. It has that faint look because its still finalizing that install...it slowly fades as it completes...calm down. It's gone in a few minutes...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Can anyone else confirm my suspicions? I previously was experiencing the loose steering at highway speeds issue that many have reported on the forums. But after I took the OTA there was no denying how much tighter my steering became and how straight I track on the highway. Anyone else?
You may want to post in one of the many steering threads. You may bring hope to many.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone received the update in Houston?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Mine did the ghost too. It slowly faded. Then the ORPs disappeared. Then reappeared the next day. Lol. FCA freaks.

Sponsored

maus92

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS Firecracker Red
I got the notification this evening (when I pulled in and parked in an underground garage.) Not sure if that meant the update was already fully downloaded, but I didn't want to take the of chance having it fail so I didn't accept it. When I got home later, I initiated the update, so fingers crossed - does it include topo / offroad maps?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Can anyone else confirm my suspicions? I previously was experiencing the loose steering at highway speeds issue that many have reported on the forums. But after I took the OTA there was no denying how much tighter my steering became and how straight I track on the highway. Anyone else?
Is it even possible that FCA would update steering related programming via uConnect? For the TSB steering flash update, they required bringing it into the dealership, so seems like it wouldn't be able to, but I have idea for sure. Any one know?

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
Is it even possible that FCA would update steering related programming via uConnect? For the TSB steering flash update, they required bringing it into the dealership, so seems like it wouldn't be able to, but I have idea for sure. Any one know?
My Dad's 2016 Ram was one of the models affected by the cruise control recall not too long ago. It would randomly shut off when he had it on for just a short bit or wouldn't work at all. He called the dealership to set up an appointment and they asked him what version his uconnect software was running. He replied and they told him it was out of date and to do the manual update via flash drive and it will take care of the cruise control issue. After he did the software update his cruise control has worked flawlessly ever since.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My Dad's 2016 Ram was one of the models affected by the cruise control recall not too long ago. It would randomly shut off when he had it on for just a short bit or wouldn't work at all. He called the dealership to set up an appointment and they asked him what version his uconnect software was running. He replied and they told him it was out of date and to do the manual update via flash drive and it will take care of the cruise control issue. After he did the software update his cruise control has worked flawlessly ever since.
Interesting. I called the dealer about the JL cruise control recall and they said it had to be brought in. I asked why couldn't I do it via uConnect and they said it was an update only the dealer could do and that it couldn't be done through uConnect.

Sponsored

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
LEO
Got the update notification today in northwest CT. Took about 25 minutes, When I turned it back on I still had the ghosting effect however I turned the jeep off, washed it and when I turned it back on the ghosting had disappeared and I have Off road pages !
IMG_4574.jpg
IMG_4573.jpg
IMG_4572.jpg

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Does anyone have thermometer issues since the update? My thermometer has been very very slow to react. Yesterday in New York, it was reporting 63 degrees when it was close to 80...makes using climate control kind of difficult.

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Whats an update. LOL still waiting here in Toronto Canada. Maybe takes time to get signal to my Igloo :)

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Got my Off Road pages no burn in

20180917_091540.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I haven't got it yet either. Hard to say how it determines when a unit gets the prompt for update.

I suspect a placebo effect. Steering issues being repaired via a ECM/PCM update seems unlikely since the steering is a mechanical function. In a car that was steered by electronic (such as steering angle monitored and the related input being relayed to a servo controlling tire angle) would make sense. As far as I can tell though, the JL is controlled by an actual physical link between the steering wheel and tires. I could be wrong though, maybe the update does something with the traction control or stability control to fix the problem.

My Dad's 2016 Ram was one of the models affected by the cruise control recall not too long ago. ... .... they told him it was out of date and to do the manual update via flash drive and it will take care of the cruise control issue. After he did the software update his cruise control has worked flawlessly ever since.
I've had several updates for recalls via a mailed flash drive and/or via Uconnect through my Rams, and my Grand Cherokee. If the update or recall is a programming issue only, it's probably more cost effective to have the end user do it themselves rather than paying a shop to do it. Like your dad, I've had no issues with updates/recalls that have been done that way.
Sponsored