Sponsored

Disable Seat Belt Chime

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
@Man-of-methods
Actually, l had it right in regard to seat belt unbuckled. I was/am also aware of all the info in the manual regarding ESS. ;)
I know you're well versed, but others here aren't. Some of these people can't seem to do the mod, so I wanted them to know that the mod itself doesn't disable the ESS. Not wearing their seatbelt does. However, I don't endorse anyone to drive without their seatbelt. And I know you don't either.
Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, I did the mod, took me two times to get it. I hate that chime sound.... When I'm driving off-road at my lake house property without a seatbelt.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

cwhrpwr

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited & 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
USCG
Happy to report that the old way still works in the new Wrangler.

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.
2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)
3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.
4. Turn off Jeep.

You will still get the warnings on your dash but this will disable the annoying chime. To re-enable just repeat the process.
Hellz yes! Doing this now!

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks this is great!

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Worked for me first time! Awesome!

And, no, not because I don't like to wear my seat belt but because I also like to unbuckle when pulling into my drive way to get mail and to get to the pool in our community a few blocks away.

lumberjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2 dr to be
Tried it 6 times one day, and then got it the first try the next day.
Thanks Xpsruler!

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)
3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.
4. Turn off Jeep.

You will still get the warnings on your dash but this will disable the annoying chime. To re-enable just repeat the process.
I know I'm raising this thread from the dead but I want to touch on two things...

1. Unbuckle and buckle the seatbelt until you hear a single chime. Then you can turn off your Jeep and it will be disabled.

2. I heard the chime after unbuckle, buckle, unbuckle, buckle. Didn't need to do it any more. In fact, the first time I tried it, I did it 4 times and I heard two chimes. I believe I disabled and then re enabled the chime.

Hope this helps anyone that is struggling to get this to work.

DanPop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited Sport S
If my post is too political please feel free to remove it.

I am old school when the seal belts were called lap belts, no shoulder strap. Political correctness did not exist. I strongly feel the government has no place trying to protect me against myself. Not wearing my seat belt potentially hurts no one but myself.

So, as I do not advocate not wearing your seatbelt, I feel it is my decision to not wear one.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If my post is too political please feel free to remove it.

I am old school when the seal belts were called lap belts, no shoulder strap. Political correctness did not exist. I strongly feel the government has no place trying to protect me against myself. Not wearing my seat belt potentially hurts no one but myself.

So, as I do not advocate not wearing your seatbelt, I feel it is my decision to not wear one.
I agree with your sentiment but if you are on the road without your "lap belt" then you potentially become a projectile in the event that you are ejected from the vehicle during an accident and could potentially hurt or kill someone else.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Thanks everybody for the help, took me several attempts and each time thought I was doing it perfectly and figured out I was missing something stupid. Anyway it’s done and it works
I have a brand new 2019.

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara

4. Turn off Jeep.

God bless you!

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Thanks everybody for the help, took me several attempts and each time thought I was doing it perfectly and figured out I was missing something stupid. Anyway it’s done and it works
I have a brand new 2019.
^^^^
So what was it that you were missing? I have tried this several times without success, so I may be missing something stupid as well.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
^^^^
So what was it that you were missing? I have tried this several times without success, so I may be missing something stupid as well.
Hi new here. I wear my seatbelt when I should but like others i new need to get in out often for various reasons. I have a dog leash/restraint clip that one and hooks to the dogs collar and the other end hooks into the seat belt latch. Available at pet stores. That way the car thinks that everything is kosher.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JMurph

Jerry... Can you try something with that "clip" and then post the results in this thread.

Take that clip (like pictured below I assume) and plug it into the driver's seat belt female buckle..

Now, with that clip plugged in, start your JL and see see if you can drive your JL, forward, say 30 feet with the driver's door open. Also, try this going in reverse with the driver's door open.

I'm wanting to know if use of that clip as mentioned will prevent auto park from activating.

Thanks for trying this and letting us know how you make out.

Image1.jpg
Sponsored