Sponsored

Disable Seat Belt Chime

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Happy to report that the old way still works in the new Wrangler.

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.
2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)
3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.
4. Turn off Jeep.

You will still get the warnings on your dash but this will disable the annoying chime. To re-enable just repeat the process.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Happy to report that the old way still works in the new Wrangler.

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.
2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)
3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.
4. Turn off Jeep.

You will still get the warnings on your dash but this will disable the annoying chime. To re-enable just repeat the process.
Can't I accomplish the same thing by just wearing my seatbelt?

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I have tried this 3 times now with no luck. I am following the process correctly and have done this same thing on my past 4 jeeps.. Anyone else having issues?

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Worked no problems - make sure you wait for the seatbelt indicator light to go off on the cluster before you unbuckle and rebuckle.

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I did wait until the indicator light went off in run position. Unplugged and plugged 3-4 times ending with seatbelt on. Turned Jeep off. Doesn’t work..?? Mine dings one time after the second unhook, did yours do that?

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I did hear a ding not sure on whic unbuckle it was - after 3 times and the song I just started the Jeep - light stil stayed on but no chime.

Malve

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Thank you. I was considering ordering an extra part that plugs in. I am not a fan.

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Worked no problems - make sure you wait for the seatbelt indicator light to go off on the cluster before you unbuckle and rebuckle.
Worked for me too, first try.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
How about the door chime? When the door is ajar or not tightly latched and the ignition is not off, the chime sounds. There are times I'd like the door open with the radio on.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
seat belt chime didnt work for me either..i think being trolled

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I have tried this process at least half a dozen times with no luck. I have successfully done this to many prior Jeeps so I’m fairly certain it’s not a user issue. Pups their be certain features/models that simply do not recognize the sequence? I have a JLRU with every option except Leather. Could infotainment features or some other feature be interfering?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I have tried this process at least half a dozen times with no luck. I have successfully done this to many prior Jeeps so I’m fairly certain it’s not a user issue. Pups their be certain features/models that simply do not recognize the sequence? I have a JLRU with every option except Leather. Could infotainment features or some other feature be interfering?
Worked for me and I have a JLUR with everything except cold weather and leather.
Sponsored