Sponsored

Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Awesome. i am thinking of tackling this in my JT soon. Kind of worried about how well I will do on the metal circle clip thing part and getting the upholstery back tight how its supposed to be.
Sponsored

MudHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon (Bright White)
Hey all, tried to document the steps I took to install aftermarket heated seats in my 18 JLU Sahara. Was a bit nervous of ruining the leather or what not, but it wasn't that bad of a job. It's not a bad job, and most should be able to accomplish this with only minor cursing and some scrapes on their hands from getting INTO the seat to take out the existing hooks and put new ones in.
Stupid question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but for the Quadratec harness, will I need one per seat or can I run both of my front seats from the single harness (using two seat heater kits)?

nathan909

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
For those of you that installed under leather seats, did your covers look as good and tight as before install?

OP
OP

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
They do. Got them on. I've and tight, and out new furniture clips in as I went. Going strong 2 years later, and use in the summer sometimes to keep takeout warm on the ride home. I did change my wiring from the Quadratech adapter into an ignition tied fuse so they'd come on when I use the remote start.

PBARK1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Super simple. And I love having my compressor, rock lights, and eventually my lockers nice and orderly.
Curious if you wired the heater switches into the MLC-6 controller or just simply popped in the switches and wired to ACC power?

Sponsored

nathan909

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Curious why I haven't seen this location used for switches?
cut/paste example below

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation 1639585402554
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation 1639587395611

OP
OP

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Curious if you wired the heater switches into the MLC-6 controller or just simply popped in the switches and wired to ACC power?
Latter... I popped them out since the switches are 3 way (high - off - low).

OP
OP

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Curious why I haven't seen this location used for switches?
cut/paste example below

I 'heard' someone say there's some stuff down there that can get in the way. Didn't want to tear the console apart to check. If you send me your lockers and accessory wiring, I'll swap with you 😁

nathan909

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I 'heard' someone say there's some stuff down there that can get in the way. Didn't want to tear the console apart to check. If you send me your lockers and accessory wiring, I'll swap with you 😁
Hahaa, let me think on that one.

Yeah there's a plastic cross support, but it looks like it could be trimmed.

Did regular hog pliers get the job done?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MFG3BYG

Also, I think I'm going to make a module that auto kicks on the seat heaters if the interior temp is below 65°, 30sec after acc power is turned on.
This way when I remote start my Jeep, the seat are warm when I get in, ONLY if it's cold outside.

Think it will work with this style of heater controller. This way switches do not need to be on and can be turned off at any time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation 1639592358820

Last edited:

JLC21

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep JL
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation IMG_4488

Decided to design a friction fit plate for the left side cubby. The overall fit was fantastic and have to say it beats drilling holes somewhere else.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 3.04.42 PM.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Looks nice... You should post the STL for that, I'm sure a lot of folks would love to do that with their mopar one as well.

JLC21

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep JL

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, tried to document the steps I took to install aftermarket heated seats in my 18 JLU Sahara. Was a bit nervous of ruining the leather or what not, but it wasn't that bad of a job. It's not a bad job, and most should be able to accomplish this with only minor cursing and some scrapes on their hands from getting INTO the seat to take out the existing hooks and put new ones in.
Quadratech is out of the 12v Power Adapter, but Amazon has the same one cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0886DNNSP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3C9L2XJOXDHDT&psc=1

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
Latter... I popped them out since the switches are 3 way (high - off - low).
I know this is an older thread but could you show us the updated wiring? IM thinking about doing this for my wife's jeep! Ive been trying to figure out adding factory heated seats in my JLU and thats going less than great LOL

PBARK1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I know this is an older thread but could you show us the updated wiring? IM thinking about doing this for my wife's jeep! Ive been trying to figure out adding factory heated seats in my JLU and thats going less than great LOL
I am getting ready to finish mine this weekend (hopefully) and I will video/take pics and show you how I wire mine - I have the same switches and power connector so let's see how it goes!
Sponsored