Sponsored

Disable key Switchblade.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I just took the key apart and removed the spring that makes the key pop out. Now, pressing the button does nothing unless I also flick my wrist to make the key pop out.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I just took the key apart and removed the spring that makes the key pop out. Now, pressing the button does nothing unless I also flick my wrist to make the key pop out.
When I read the thread title this is what I was expecting. However, this little trick looks very easy.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The origami woulda been far more impressive if it formed the little Jeep on the bottom corner of the windshield or a seven slot grille....

Seriously, nice trick. I've never regretted disabling mine by reversing the spring BUT I don't have need to lock the glovebox/center console or a gas cap

GoHack

First Name
Gordon (N7QEI)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLU Sport, DoM 7/18 (Wed)
Occupation
Mech Engr
Vehicle Showcase
How to Disable key Switchblade.

Hmmm, how about applying tape, like scotch, or better yet, aluminum tape up near the pivot point of the key, closing the gap there, thus causing friction there so it doesn't open up so easily? I'll give it a try w/some scotch tape, and if it works, post it.

It's a bad design to begin with. My key is always opening up in my pocket because of that release button sticking out. Chrysler could make that release button flush, thus requiring you to push in on the button to open when needed.
Sponsored