Sponsored

Difference between all the 2021 JL models, editions, trims?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
As mentioned above it is a Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon. The Sport and Willy Sport have limited options. The Sport S and the rest of Sport Package are available with many of the features. My suggestion is to figure out what options you want, and play around with the configurator to find which one works best for you. The special Editions are good deals if they have everything you want and some have unique features (that you may or may not like)

I changed my mind through the research process from thinking of getting Sahara based on 2020 Configuration (Auto 4WD), to a 2021 Sport S to save a couple K over Sahara, to finally deciding on an 80th Anniversary. I figured out that the 80th and Sport Altitude were cheaper than the Sport S with the options I wanted. It save me money ($500) and I ended up with some extra that I liked which was bonus over Sport S.
Sponsored

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
i just ordered my Willys yesterday. I felt it gives you best bang for your buck.

I priced out similar Sport S, Sahara, and 80th builds and always came out cheaper with the Willys with more features.

Selec-trac is also offered om Willy btw - $600 at invoice - great value in my opinion.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
for 2021, Jeep offers a Wrangler Rubicon.

and i think some other trims too.

coljl

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th Anniversary Edition
Ordered 80th Anniversary ed on 2/9 and received my build sheet on 2/26. Impressed with the many features listed for this model at a reasonable price above the base Sport X. Can't wait to get it, only add on planned so far is the Bestop Sunrider - love the easy transition to a "convertible".

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Ordered 80th Anniversary ed on 2/9 and received my build sheet on 2/26. Impressed with the many features listed for this model at a reasonable price above the base Sport X. Can't wait to get it, only add on planned so far is the Bestop Sunrider - love the easy transition to a "convertible".
I ordered my 80th on 9th as well. I got my build sheet on 25th and the window sticker late last night (27th) The order process has been moving through quicker than I expected.

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
i just ordered my Willys yesterday. I felt it gives you best bang for your buck.

I priced out similar Sport S, Sahara, and 80th builds and always came out cheaper with the Willys with more features.

Selec-trac is also offered om Willy btw - $600 at invoice - great value in my opinion.

agree, I think the Willys is the best one you can get, besides the Rubicon of course ....

Really bummed that you can't get leather in it though, makes no since....

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
agree, I think the Willys is the best one you can get, besides the Rubicon of course ....

Really bummed that you can't get leather in it though, makes no since....
I may add leather down the road to mine.
Sponsored