Instrumentation, displays, etc differences between models

56cbr600rr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited
I’m going to order a 24S. Was curious if the dash and instrumentation displays were much different than all the Rubicon and Sahara pics I’ve been seeing. There is surprisingly little pics of the sport S online.

I will be ordering it with the Alpine and technology upgrade. Trailer, safety, LSD, and more.

I’m hoping the alpine and technolgy package will bridge the gap.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Robert:

If you go to build a Wrangler online at jeep.com, pictures appear in the above half of the screen that reflect your model and options you've chosen to build.

One such picture you can scroll to features the dash: Rubi, Sahara and Sport S entry level choices follow respectively:

rubiconJL.jpg

saharajl.jpg

SportJL.jpg

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I’m going to order a 24S. Was curious if the dash and instrumentation displays were much different than all the Rubicon and Sahara pics I’ve been seeing. There is surprisingly little pics of the sport S online.

I will be ordering it with the Alpine and technology upgrade. Trailer, safety, LSD, and more.

I’m hoping the alpine and technolgy package will bridge the gap.
Yes. When adding the optional technology group on the Sport S the instrumentation is identical to base sahara.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
This is the instrument cluster for the Sport model, without the Tech package:

cdb3af94e0fe6df9b4154fb94187ba7c.jpg

9beec6794bc2223ad18d0eaf2a174bf4.jpg

691852c0cf6b7fd8ee8656973ea0d099.jpg

And here is the Sport with the Tech Package. I think it's also the same as the Sahara and Rubicon :

1b9789a99a008acd39bcbc7ddde82d53.jpg

8507d5d8a234fa22f07bb9c0b1832184.jpg

175402ed5ca4dbd912a4329ff1beb46c.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
If they would let me throw the 7" Uconnect on a base Sport, I would.

Still, it's not bad stuff. The purist in me would like to see oil pressure and system volt gauges, but that's practically another era at this point.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
So where are the window control switches on the Sport without tech package? Are they manual?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Does the base Sport have a display that shows volts, oil pressure, or does that require the Tech Package? What exactly does the base Sport display menu cover ?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does the base Sport have a display that shows volts, oil pressure, or does that require the Tech Package? What exactly does the base Sport display menu cover ?
I believe the Sport will show the volts, mpg etc.. in the small display in the center of the speedometer instrument panel, it will just be in black and white, and not color. I know it does on my Wife's Cherokee.

Example BW display in a Cherokee Sport showing volts:
22.jpg

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So where are the window control switches on the Sport without tech package? Are they manual?
Sport S has the power windows and will have the buttons in the center stack.
The pic I posted was a base sport with manual windows.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I believe the Sport will show the volts, mpg etc.. in the small display in the center of the speedometer instrument panel, it will just be in black and white, and not color. I know it does on my Wife's Cherokee.

Example BW display in a Cherokee Sport showing volts:
22.jpg
The JL owner's manual does state the instrument cluster can display Tire Pressure, Auto Transmission Temp, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Battery Voltage and Oil Life. Just not sure if this is all available in the base 3.5" display or only the 7" display cluster. The owner's manual doesn't distinguish the details of each display.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Robert:

One such picture you can scroll to features the dash: Rubi, Sahara and Sport S entry level choices follow respectively:

saharajl.jpg
The bottom of the 7" screen bezel just looks too odd to me. This would have been a nice location for Jeep to put "Since 1941." Maybe I'll have something fabricated.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The bottom of the 7" screen bezel just looks too odd to me. This would have been a nice location for Jeep to put "Since 1941." Maybe I'll have something fabricated.
Maybe the aftermarket will make a bezel with integrated accessory switches or something. :dunno:

Code IV

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2009 JK
Occupation
Owner Mojo Shades
Does anyone know if you can add the technology group after the fact? I have the sport S and I now want the 7" radio. Any help?
Sponsored