Sponsored

Difference between the 2018 and 2020 JL Saharas?

Alucard77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
So while looking to get a used, many people have been recommending new, especially with the 2020s coming out and being able to get 8% below invoice. For what I am looking for, it's about a $5k difference, however, I want to make sure there is nothing I am missing on a 2020, that I may make up for that $5k difference.

So back to the question, what is different in the 2020 JLs? The main thing I am thinking is the hybrid. How much extra is that? Also, what is the MPG on that?

Thanks so much and sorry if this is a duplicate thread, didn't find this specific question.
Sponsored

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It depends on the features...some features and things of that nature were not available til the 2019 model year.

So, if those are not a factor (does it have you want already in it), they that's a non-point.

Also, in 2 model years they definitely have ironed out kinks in the design. Some big like the 2 rounds of steering fixes and a few minor Gremlins here and there.

One of the nice things about the Wrangler is that there are not many mid-model changes. It needs to be mostly uniform so the massive aftermarket does not get affected. The bad news is the lack of mid-model changes. Not many of the design flaws can be changed. The lines for the e-start stop are always going to be way too exposed as will the exhaust...

It's a toss up in that case from 2018 to 2020. At that point it's a finance numbers game.