Delivery dates

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
I know it isn't a massive deal in the big scheme of things. But it makes me just a little sad that we won't get that gap. I like that gap. I hope we can still turn them into stubbies for off roading. I will be super sad if they make it one piece and we lose that bit of functionality.
Agree 100%. Love the look of the factory steel bar, especially with the wings removed and a winch fitted. Really nice design. That's the reason I want to see a Rubicon before I order one. Its getting watered down quite a bit from the US spec - stock height fenders, 32 inch tyres, rear plastic bumper and now an unknown front bumper? All disappointing, but in spite of that I may still place an order, lift it 3 inches, fit 34's, keep it legal and enjoy it. Please post pics when your Jeeps arrive....
Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Agree 100%. Love the look of the factory steel bar, especially with the wings removed and a winch fitted. Really nice design. That's the reason I want to see a Rubicon before I order one. Its getting watered down quite a bit from the US spec - stock height fenders, 32 inch tyres, rear plastic bumper and now an unknown front bumper? All disappointing, but in spite of that I may still place an order, lift it 3 inches, fit 34's, keep it legal and enjoy it. Please post pics when your Jeeps arrive....
I know what you mean exactly. In my case it didn't stop me from ordering because we either get a bumper that I love. Or I buy an aftermarket bumper that I love. Either way, I would end up with a JL.... but of course, I love the look if the stock bumper and would rather not be wanting to buy another because I disliked it....

What lift and tyres are you thinking? I've been doing my head in trying to find wheel and tyre combinations... I haven't even looked at lifts yet....

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
What lift and tyres are you thinking? I've been doing my head in trying to find wheel and tyre combinations... I haven't even looked at lifts yet....
ARB offer some good lifts in the US for the JL, but they limit their Australian suspension lifts to 2”. They don’t list the JL on their Aussie site as yet though? I’d like a lift of at least 2.5”. This US site delivers to Australia & has a few 2, 2.5 & 3.5” kits available: https://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/suspension-lift-kits-c76850.aspx

As far as tyres go I think I’ll start with a 305/70/17, which is a 34”. Maybe a Maxis Bighorn MT-762, or cheat a little and fit a 315/70/17, which is a 34.4, maybe a Micky Thompson MTZP3. I’m in QLD, and they’re pretty strict here so I’m limited to 75mm suspension increase & 50mm tyre diameter :(

Not sure on wheels yet, but will need to upgrade to at least a 17 x 8” rim as the stock 17 x 7.5” rims are only good for 285’s.

I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread as fitting larger tyres to an Aussie spec Rubi will be close to what’s required for a US spec sport, due to our lower fenders (but remember the Rubi’s D44’s axels are wider than the sport) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lets-see-those-sports-with-rubicon-suspension-and-35s.20711/

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
the AEV front bar at SEMA has the options to suit the models, so i sure jeep could figure it our.

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Thanks! I'll check out the maxis @Steve0... So far the only tyre that has really interested me are the Nitto ridge grapplers, they come in a 305/70/17....

Are you able to fit a 2.5" lift along with a 2" tyre increase? I think (in NSW) its a 75mm total increase with tops 25mm tyre... So that is a 2" tyre increase as only half counts to the height increase and a 2" inch lift, which might be why the limit to 2"....

What also sucks is that you are also so limited with increasing track width.. it makes your choice of rims so much smaller...I currently plan on ordering XD135s in bronze... they have the right size and when all is installed the inside of the bigger tyre will stick as far in as the stock...

I know I could probably cheat and get something a bit better, but for some reason this has gotten me determined to keep this to NSW spec, even if to see just how much you can actually do. Maybe I should change career paths and get into politics and fight for the rights of forbies around the country lol. You should definitely be able to increase track width by at least 75-100mm not just 50... Even if it is specific to only some vehicles...

If the Aussie JL lifts will be anything similar to what's available for the JK then it is pretty disappointing. I've always struggle to find some decent complete kits for it... Time will tell... Either way, my JK is already on sale and hopefully less than 2 months until my Rubi arrives.. I can't wait to love it despite its mongly modified bumper and low fenders. :involve:

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
ARB offer some good lifts in the US for the JL, but they limit their Australian suspension lifts to 2”. They don’t list the JL on their Aussie site as yet though? I’d like a lift of at least 2.5”. This US site delivers to Australia & has a few 2, 2.5 & 3.5” kits available: https://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/suspension-lift-kits-c76850.aspx

As far as tyres go I think I’ll start with a 305/70/17, which is a 34”. Maybe a Maxis Bighorn MT-762, or cheat a little and fit a 315/70/17, which is a 34.4, maybe a Micky Thompson MTZP3. I’m in QLD, and they’re pretty strict here so I’m limited to 75mm suspension increase & 50mm tyre diameter :(

Not sure on wheels yet, but will need to upgrade to at least a 17 x 8” rim as the stock 17 x 7.5” rims are only good for 285’s.

I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread as fitting larger tyres to an Aussie spec Rubi will be close to what’s required for a US spec sport, due to our lower fenders (but remember the Rubi’s D44’s axels are wider than the sport) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lets-see-those-sports-with-rubicon-suspension-and-35s.20711/

Also, just checked fatbobs garage, That's perfect... the JL 2.5" with fox shocks looks really good... I will probably add enough weight to my jeep for it sag that half an inch anyway... though I can't say I am that worried about 12mm...

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
This is one of the reasons i very disappointed the AU Rubicon misses out on 'higher' factory suspensions and larger "33" tyres (32.6").
i mean dollar of dollar, one would really have to want a jeep. the Drivers footwell is only 2/3 of the size due to the transmission lump being where the left foot rest should be, the wind noise above 80, and with power door lock and remote entry, they still left the power window control (auto down only on frt) in the console.. sure its jeep thing, but if ya removed doors, there is no windows to control. and fuel eco, it not that good when a 3 tone patrol v8 can do same or better.. ( rant over) ..fyi i have a y62 and was considering the Rubi as it would not need $$ on aftermarket mods, but then with waterdown specs, it does, so there goes the value proposition of the rubi. i mean the Y62 Patrol come stock with 32.6 and a LSD with E locker in the rear and can current be got driveaway for high 60s. all the y62 needs is some colours like mojito etc lol

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
This is one of the reasons i very disappointed the AU Rubicon misses out on 'higher' factory suspensions and larger "33" tyres (32.6").
i mean dollar of dollar, one would really have to want a jeep. the Drivers footwell is only 2/3 of the size due to the transmission lump being where the left foot rest should be, the wind noise above 80, and with power door lock and remote entry, they still left the power window control (auto down only on frt) in the console.. sure its jeep thing, but if ya removed doors, there is no windows to control. and fuel eco, it not that good when a 3 tone patrol v8 can do same or better.. ( rant over) ..fyi i have a y62 and was considering the Rubi as it would not need $$ on aftermarket mods, but then with waterdown specs, it does, so there goes the value proposition of the rubi. i mean the Y62 Patrol come stock with 32.6 and a LSD with E locker in the rear and can current be got driveaway for high 60s. all the y62 needs is some colours like mojito etc lol
The issue with comparing the two is that what makes them brilliant in their own way are completely different... And nothing satisfies what I want from a vehicle better than the wrangler.

[[ Incoming rant ]]

I love the patrol.. We have a patrol (06 model) in the family -I learnt to drive in it actually - and I own a 2010 JK. Both are diesel models both are manual.
There is a lot that is comparable, for example, the Patrol has a bigger engine, but is also a ton heavier, it feels more like a tank to drive, but the jeep is faster and compared to it, nimble. Both have been well taken care of and are still in good condition with minimal issues. The JK is newer but has 50k more kms. The JK has also been through a lot more, The patrol was mostly used for camping, but both had a relatively even level of repair and maintenance needed, The JK maybe comes out on top by a little bit in terms of durability and quality.

I could keep comparing them until the cows come home but here's the thing though. The JL will never be as quiet or comfortable as the Patrol.. But you will never be able to take the top off the patrol. I can fit longer pieces of timber from Bunnings equipment in mum's Patrol, but have a better time driving around cities in my JK, ever so slightly. I will have an easier time reaching a few more spots up at zig zag with my new JL stock, you will be able to fit the Dometic fridge that I would have liked to buy in your Y62...

To me having a convertible has become such a big deal that I will strongly resist going back to a car that I can't take the top off. Also I personally enjoyed the drive in the demo JL more than I enjoyed the drive in the Sahara Landcruiser that a mate owns, more than my old man's FJ cruiser, and more than the new ford ranger. This is all personal taste of course. But all in all, to me nothing provides what I want from a 4x4 quite like a JL, So I would rather be disappointed and deal with a watered down jeep then feel lacking in a car that is not a jeep.

[[ Rant end ]]

Honestly, if anything was to peeve me off its that the wrangler does not have a direct, similar competitor... If they did, both companies would have to work a lot harder to ensure that their vehicles met a much higher minimum standard...

Until then I guess watered down wranglers are just another "Jeep thing" I will subscribe to.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
The issue with comparing the two is that what makes them brilliant in their own way are completely different... And nothing satisfies what I want from a vehicle better than the wrangler.

[[ Incoming rant ]]

I love the patrol.. We have a patrol (06 model) in the family -I learnt to drive in it actually - and I own a 2010 JK. Both are diesel models both are manual.
There is a lot that is comparable, for example, the Patrol has a bigger engine, but is also a ton heavier, it feels more like a tank to drive, but the jeep is faster and compared to it, nimble. Both have been well taken care of and are still in good condition with minimal issues. The JK is newer but has 50k more kms. The JK has also been through a lot more, The patrol was mostly used for camping, but both had a relatively even level of repair and maintenance needed, The JK maybe comes out on top by a little bit in terms of durability and quality.

I could keep comparing them until the cows come home but here's the thing though. The JL will never be as quiet or comfortable as the Patrol.. But you will never be able to take the top off the patrol. I can fit longer pieces of timber from Bunnings equipment in mum's Patrol, but have a better time driving around cities in my JK, ever so slightly. I will have an easier time reaching a few more spots up at zig zag with my new JL stock, you will be able to fit the Dometic fridge that I would have liked to buy in your Y62...

To me having a convertible has become such a big deal that I will strongly resist going back to a car that I can't take the top off. Also I personally enjoyed the drive in the demo JL more than I enjoyed the drive in the Sahara Landcruiser that a mate owns, more than my old man's FJ cruiser, and more than the new ford ranger. This is all personal taste of course. But all in all, to me nothing provides what I want from a 4x4 quite like a JL, So I would rather be disappointed and deal with a watered down jeep then feel lacking in a car that is not a jeep.

[[ Rant end ]]

Honestly, if anything was to peeve me off its that the wrangler does not have a direct, similar competitor... If they did, both companies would have to work a lot harder to ensure that their vehicles met a much higher minimum standard...

Until then I guess watered down wranglers are just another "Jeep thing" I will subscribe to.
The Y62 is a long way from the GU (y61). you can't compare them. the jeep is not as fast as the Y62, even with being 1ton lighter, i have a y62 and test drove the Overland, its goes well but, trust me it ain't no Y62. Nimble ok yeah well its smaller and yes that also means smaller interior and cargo. with just the 3rd row down, my maxtrax fit in the rear from 2nd row to door with room to spare as a compare. my 40lt can fit behind the 3rd row if needed, but i normally run with 3rd down and fridge to one side with arb air compressor and recovery gear filling in to the2nd row. I was prepared to adjust all my stuff to suit a JL, and it was fun to drive but price and real life started to make it look like more and more compromises where needed to go to a JL. for me - i would drop say 10-15k to go from a 4 yr y62 to a new JL.. yet i turned down that same cost upgrade to get a new y62.. So like you mentioned, ya just have to really want or love the jeep. If i had a JK, sure the move to a JL is a no brainer. i would have signed up 2 mths ago.
But from a y62 ... at this point, i can't bring myself to move to a JL, even with its great look and colours , but i follow with interest :)

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
The Y62 is a long way from the GU (y61). you can't compare them. the jeep is not as fast as the Y62, even with being 1ton lighter, i have a y62 and test drove the Overland, its goes well but, trust me it ain't no Y62. Nimble ok yeah well its smaller and yes that also means smaller interior and cargo. with just the 3rd row down, my maxtrax fit in the rear from 2nd row to door with room to spare as a compare. my 40lt can fit behind the 3rd row if needed, but i normally run with 3rd down and fridge to one side with arb air compressor and recovery gear filling in to the2nd row. I was prepared to adjust all my stuff to suit a JL, and it was fun to drive but price and real life started to make it look like more and more compromises where needed to go to a JL. for me - i would drop say 10-15k to go from a 4 yr y62 to a new JL.. yet i turned down that same cost upgrade to get a new y62.. So like you mentioned, ya just have to really want or love the jeep. If i had a JK, sure the move to a JL is a no brainer. i would have signed up 2 mths ago.
But from a y62 ... at this point, i can't bring myself to move to a JL, even with its great look and colours , but i follow with interest :)
That makes complete sense. From what you've said, I can't see you being happy in JL. I haven't test driven a Y62 so I don't know how it drives, but I will take your word for it, I do love the way mum's patrol drives and if they improved a fair bit since then... well damn.
I will also admit the space is a big deal. I currently fold my back seats on my JK when I go camping and we take my housemates lancer, both cars packed. I want to change that to having just the back being filled so 3-4 of us can go in the jeep and reach 4wd only campsites. I am planning on getting a roof rack so that should help a fair bit.
Even then being able to fit a 95L fridge lengthways with the back seats up would be fantastic... I will probably have to get creative to make things work the way I want as I am not sure how small I could go on a fridge or ice box...

It's funny though, I know I would personally have fun and enjoy trying to make these things work for me, it is a big part of what I love doing and honestly just thinking about moving to another car makes me sad even if it gives me excessive space. Not having that open air, the driving style and that design aspect of putting something mine together... to me its moving away from something I love dearly. But in all honesty there are few people that I could whole heartedly recommend owning jeep to, despite the fact that everyone that has driven or ridden in mine have loved it. Damn, are we the Apple of the car world??? lol.

Sponsored

Supaman

First Name
Taha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prado
If you want a proper lift kit that would not stuff ur geometry on ur jl and still want the comfort of a stock jl or even better I would highly recommend the 2.5 AEV kit that’s in the process of being design for the right hand drive jl they are a proven lift kit with intense testing on there product ( American Bilstein shock ) that why there always the last company to launch there kits on all the testing they do before they sell there product
ATV in Sydney is a Jeep soexlist amd work with ever product and high recommended it as well than the other kits .

. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jl-2-5-dualsport-rt-suspension/

There Jk product have been highly recommend across the worlds and have great reviews . Mopar lift not sure if there making a aus spec kit and there’s been a few issue with them in the state review are up and down . Not all fox kits are good need to know which company is selling it and tunes the shock . Just because it from fox doesn’t mean they tuned it for the jl as the mopar kit was tuned by mopar not fox

Arb kits are incomplete for the jk and needed more mods to correct geometry trust me I know I made that mistake .
( major death wobble )

Arb have a new kit ( bp 51 ) so need to wait and see how that goes but will cost a premium price. U can check American pricing and specs not cheap
https://www.arbusa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/JeepJLWranglerBP-51SuspensionKit-1.pdf

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
If you want a proper lift kit that would not stuff ur geometry on ur jl and still want the comfort of a stock jl or even better I would highly recommend the 2.5 AEV kit that’s in the process of being design for the right hand drive jl they are a proven lift kit with intense testing on there product ( American Bilstein shock ) that why there always the last company to launch there kits on all the testing they do before they sell there product
ATV in Sydney is a Jeep soexlist amd work with ever product and high recommended it as well than the other kits .

. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jl-2-5-dualsport-rt-suspension/

There Jk product have been highly recommend across the worlds and have great reviews . Mopar lift not sure if there making a aus spec kit and there’s been a few issue with them in the state review are up and down . Not all fox kits are good need to know which company is selling it and tunes the shock . Just because it from fox doesn’t mean they tuned it for the jl as the mopar kit was tuned by mopar not fox

Arb kits are incomplete for the jk and needed more mods to correct geometry trust me I know I made that mistake .
( major death wobble )

Arb have a new kit ( bp 51 ) so need to wait and see how that goes but will cost a premium price. U can check American pricing and specs not cheap
https://www.arbusa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/JeepJLWranglerBP-51SuspensionKit-1.pdf
Thanks for the info! Super useful!.

I saw the ARB kits for the JK and was not thrilled to be honest. If Terra flex did an aus spec that would be great because they also seem great. I've heard good things about AEV and have my fingers crossed for a reasonable aus lift...

Also on a tangent... I learnt that In NSW at least, the law states that you can install a component in you car without getting it certified if the same component has been installed in the same/similar vehicle and that has gotten certified - with restrictions of course. This would mean that once one person gets a lift certified and tested it should open that mod up for others... This is a pretty big deal and makes me wonder how many >2" lift kits for the JK have already been certified.. Makes me realise that I really should join a Jeep club here...

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Back on thread topic! Just got a call from my dealer, My Ocean Blue Rubi has a delivery date of mid June!. Cheering. Dealer told me to take it with a grain of salt and to +/- two weeks either way (lets be real, It won't be earlier it would have to have shipped already), but that means there is a really good chance of it being here early JULY!

Only problem is... I am overseas for half of June!!!! My Jeep will be here and I will be gone.... :crying:

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Back on thread topic! Just got a call from my dealer, My Ocean Blue Rubi has a delivery date of mid June!. Cheering. Dealer told me to take it with a grain of salt and to +/- two weeks either way (lets be real, It won't be earlier it would have to have shipped already), but that means there is a really good chance of it being here early JULY!

Only problem is... I am overseas for half of June!!!! My Jeep will be here and I will be gone.... :crying:
thats awesome.. Did your dealer say when it was being built? They start building my Rubicon today apparently...

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Back on thread topic! Just got a call from my dealer, My Ocean Blue Rubi has a delivery date of mid June!. Cheering.
Have you asked for the VIN?
Sponsored