Delivery dates

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I think my job has made me really patient with production and freight. It can all get really messy really quick and the moment you give people an estimate they hold on to that date as if it is the holy grail. So I can understand dealerships not wanting to give anything other than a broad delivery time. When my dealer called me to let me know the ship that my order was going to be on was delayed by a month I could almost feel his panic at telling me the news. poor guy had probably already copped it from other customers....

Anyway, He told me that my Jeep was onboard the Talisman and was due end of July... I checked and the Talisman arrived at Brisbane yesterday... Now it should just be customs, then the trip to Sydney, then all the dealership stuff :)
If you have ordered from a Sydney dealer, your vehicle will be off loaded at Port Kembla. The Talisman leaves Brisbane tonight and is due in Port Kembla on Sunday 28th July.
You can check schedules on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site. https://www.2wglobal.com/
Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
If you have ordered from a Sydney dealer, your vehicle will be off loaded at Port Kembla. The Talisman leaves Brisbane tonight and is due in Port Kembla on Sunday 28th July.
You can check schedules on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site. https://www.2wglobal.com/
LEGEND! That makes much more sense! I knew it was going to Singapore after Australia but didn't know it would stop down south. So it made no sense to me that it would go to Brisbane then NSW then Singapore in that order and I just assumed it would only stop there for some reason.

The sites that I was using to track it didn't have it's schedule... I couldn't find one that did.

Thanks again.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LEGEND! That makes much more sense! I knew it was going to Singapore after Australia but didn't know it would stop down south. So it made no sense to me that it would go to Brisbane then NSW then Singapore in that order and I just assumed it would only stop there for some reason.

The sites that I was using to track it didn't have it's schedule... I couldn't find one that did.

Thanks again.
No problem. Glad I could help. Makes more sense when you consider the Talisman will do a lap of Australia, docking in Melbourne on the 30th July and Fremantle on the 5th August, before going on to Singapore

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hi,

I got another update from my dealer mentioning that all the deliveries for JLR have been pushed to October for the arrival to Australia country -wide. Do you have any similar news or the opposite one?

Last edited:

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

I got another update from my dealer mentioning that all the deliveries for JLR have been pushed to October for the arrival to Australia country -wide. Do you have any similar news or the opposite one?
Your dealer should be the authority on where your order is at in the queue, however I find that some reps are inclined to make up stories rather than go and do the homework of checking the order status with their stock controllers.
I was given a similar story but my vehicle arrived in May and a number of guys in this forum are having cars arrive July/August. It seems a rather broad brush statement to say all deliveries have been pushed to October.
No doubt the train derailment in Nevada a few weeks back is going to put a bigger burden on production.
Allocation of a VIN is a good milestone. It is an indication of production. Do you have this number yet? Allow approx 3 months from production to delivery.
As a comparison, time frames for my vehicle. Production March, arrival at port in Australia May, delivery of vehicle June.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Jeep are making/selling 20,000-25,000 JL/JT’s a month. OK the train crash may have caused a few disappointments but it’s not likely to have significant impact on your deliveries.

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,

I got my sport S back on June 10th so I am one of the lucky ones. Having said that I ordered some extra parts like mudflaps. bonnet protector and door sills. I am still waiting for those and my dealer in Kirrawee (Sydney) said they have no idea when the parts will arrive. Seems like they need to bring their tracking ability into the 21st century!

By the way the JL is fan- bloody-tastic. I have even learned to like the start stop action! I have worked out if you move your foot on the brake a bit (lift up a touch) the engine will restart, so you can be ready to go before the light changes.

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
According to my paperwork My JLUR was on the ship that docked at Port Kembla y'day. There is absolutely no reason for them to hold it on to the jeep along with other JLURs until October.... If they are going to do that I might have to plan a heist...

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
According to my paperwork My JLUR was on the ship that docked at Port Kembla y'day. There is absolutely no reason for them to hold it on to the jeep along with other JLURs until October.... If they are going to do that I might have to plan a heist...
Im still yet to hear from my dealership about my JLUR..... ordered back in Feb (Missed the Feb cut off date so got in on he mid March order) last time i managed to contact my dealership I was told the car was "built" so here's hoping it arrived in wollongong over the weekend as well...

Fingers crossed that it made it as my current car is costing me a lot in repairs for a car thats not so old.... Sigh to subaru life... =/

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Im still yet to hear from my dealership about my JLUR..... ordered back in Feb (Missed the Feb cut off date so got in on he mid March order) last time i managed to contact my dealership I was told the car was "built" so here's hoping it arrived in wollongong over the weekend as well...

Fingers crossed that it made it as my current car is costing me a lot in repairs for a car thats not so old.... Sigh to subaru life... =/
If you got the March cut-off you might be lucky (fingers crossed) I just made the Feb cut off date... but I was always worried the dealer didn't actually place my order with Jeep until after the cut off date, I am not sure how they work, Either way, due to delays maybe the first few batches got bundled together.

Here's hoping we both get our Jeep soon!

I know what you mean about it costing you money... My JK that has been on sale since may has cost me over $2k since the initial April delivery date... half of it was rego but stillllll.....

What Subaru do you have?

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
If you got the March cut-off you might be lucky (fingers crossed) I just made the Feb cut off date... but I was always worried the dealer didn't actually place my order with Jeep until after the cut off date, I am not sure how they work, Either way, due to delays maybe the first few batches got bundled together.

Here's hoping we both get our Jeep soon!

I know what you mean about it costing you money... My JK that has been on sale since may has cost me over $2k since the initial April delivery date... half of it was rego but stillllll.....

What Subaru do you have?
Well got through to my dealership today.. he had good news from his end but not my end haha.. I was hoping the car was in the country already but looks like its still on its way.. Its on a boat, already passed through the panama canal and eta at the docks in Aus is 18th of August which he said a few other jeeps were also on it. For anyone interested in thinking their car might be on there too.. this is the boat https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...12/mmsi:265012000/imo:9700524/vessel:TRAVIATA

As for my Subaru.. I have a 2009 Forester XT Premium. In the last 14 months ive done a full engine rebuild, New turbo shortly after, new clutch, new rotors and pads, Last week I replaced the rear wheel bearings, This week i'll probably have to change the front wheel bearings, I have a check engine light which i think is AFM related or vacuum line leak that I should fix before selling..

Just never ending and this all started happening just before I went to buy a JK Rubicon... Glad i didnt buy a JK with the JL on the horizon though haha.

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Well got through to my dealership today.. he had good news from his end but not my end haha.. I was hoping the car was in the country already but looks like its still on its way.. Its on a boat, already passed through the panama canal and eta at the docks in Aus is 18th of August which he said a few other jeeps were also on it. For anyone interested in thinking their car might be on there too.. this is the boat https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...12/mmsi:265012000/imo:9700524/vessel:TRAVIATA

As for my Subaru.. I have a 2009 Forester XT Premium. In the last 14 months ive done a full engine rebuild, New turbo shortly after, new clutch, new rotors and pads, Last week I replaced the rear wheel bearings, This week i'll probably have to change the front wheel bearings, I have a check engine light which i think is AFM related or vacuum line leak that I should fix before selling..

Just never ending and this all started happening just before I went to buy a JK Rubicon... Glad i didnt buy a JK with the JL on the horizon though haha.

Ahh ok, so your Jeep is in a different ship.. sucks, but at least you won't have to wait too long! august 18th ain't too bad. (I say as internally I am screaming because mine is taking too long)

Damn, that sucks about the Forester! The worst I had to do somewhat recently were the brake discs, front wheel bearings and a couple years back the timing belt.. All on my JK sport.
I am all for making sure the car that you are selling is in good order, I spent a fair bit on my JK before putting it on sale... but it is disheartening dumping money into a care that you are not going to keep..

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Yeah buddy.... So far ive spent over 14k in repairs on the forester in the last 14 months... I wont even be able to sell the car for that much =/ It does have nearly 240k on the clock.. Granted most of it is highway K's as I use it to drive to the snow every weekend... So im hoping the jeep isnt as bad on the highway as some reports say they are (In terms of wandering)
Sponsored