Delivery Times for Australia

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Petrol, $72k. I paid a little more then I wanted, but I hate waiting for things.

So everyone that has the "Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group" does it have all the wiring (ECU) and just need to look at hitch and plug?
Mine came with Electrical group, but as I have mentioned before, there was no tow hitch or cabling.

I fitted the Hayman Reese hitch (see post on Trailer Hitch and wiring harness?). It comes with the body wiring harness and if you have LED lighting, you also need to add the optional ECU. The 7 pin connector and wiring is also an addition (owing to different configurations available). It is not difficult to fit. You need to remove both tail lights and unplug. The wiring harness has the correct connectors and just plugs in between the body wiring and tail light connectors. The kit also includes the hinged rego plate bracket. Full fitting instructions are included.
The trickiest bit is running 12V and ground wires up front to the battery for the ECU. I used some flexible tubing to protect the wires and secured them with cable ties along the chassis rails, keeping them away from hot spots like exhaust and active suspension components.
Sponsored

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
This is what the group is supposed to contain

FB_IMG_1586595148211.jpg

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys

Ordered my JL Rubicon Unlimited last week. Dealer said I could be waiting 6 months or more for delivery. It’s not a big deal as I’m. Not in a major USB to get it but just wondering what others have experienced lately. I ordered the luxury package and a body colour hard top. Not sure if that makes a difference to delivery times.

Cheers
we ordered an Overland early last year and it took the best part of 7 months and now you must dial in the global pandemic .

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
This is what the group is supposed to contain

FB_IMG_1586595148211.jpg
You're looking at the US website. Unless something has changed, you'll get the alternator, the battery and auxiliary switches. You won't get the hitch receiver or wiring harness. US specs in this regard are different to Aus specs. Tow ratings are different as is the tail light wiring.
Be interested to see what you receive.

Sponsored

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Mine was ordered in Sep delivered in Feb - Black Petrol Rubi with Luxury pack & Electrical pack - $66k
2019 build? I think their was a price rise on the 2020. Wonder if prices are going to climb with how bad the $ is now

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
2019 build? I think their was a price rise on the 2020. Wonder if prices are going to climb with how bad the $ is now
Likely has. If you check carsales, Rubicons are expensive by a large margin compared to Overlands.

With the production closed, supply will only become less... demand... that I don't know.

Jeep@Aus

First Name
JJJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It is MY20 which was our first criteria of purchase. We placed the order in July 19 and asked them to wait until the MY20 build banks open. In fact me and my friend placed the order together- Same spec ,but different colours. When we learned about the changes for the 20 model ,the dealership was happy to honour the things which they made optional extra like steel bumper & Soft top. So basically a MY20 Black Rubi Petrol with Luxury pack and electrical pack +Trail Rail management system+ Steel bumper + Soft top for $66 K. I know it was a good deal.

On top of this i have added the Mopar accessories as below

4x BLACK PLASTIC SILL GUARDS # 164.00
FRONT GRAB HANDLES #82215523 87.00
REAR GRAB HANDLES #82215524 87.00
CARGO ORGANISER BAR #82215348AC 254.00
BONNET LOCK #82215137 390.00

Last edited:

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
It is MY20 which was our first criteria of purchase. We placed the order in July 19 and asked them to wait until the MY20 build banks open. In fact me and my friend placed the order together- Same spec ,but different colours. When we learned about the changes for the 20 model ,the dealership was happy to honour the things which they made optional extra like steel bumper & Soft top. So basically a MY20 Black Rubi Petrol with Luxury pack and electrical pack +Trail Rail management system+ Steel bumper + Soft top for $66 K. I know it was a good deal.

On top of this i have added the Mopar accessories as below

4x BLACK PLASTIC SILL GUARDS # 164.00
FRONT GRAB HANDLES #82215523 87.00
REAR GRAB HANDLES #82215524 87.00
CARGO ORGANISER BAR #82215348AC 254.00
BONNET LOCK #82215137 390.00
good price, I wanted to be around $69, I'm definitely paying for not wanting to wait. Is it easy to get the Mopar stuff from the dealers?

Jeep@Aus

First Name
JJJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
good price, I wanted to be around $69, I'm definitely paying for not wanting to wait. Is it easy to get the Mopar stuff from the dealers?
Yup, that had it all ready except for the bonnet lock which they did at the 1000 km check up.

Sponsored

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What tires are people getting with the 2020? KM2 or KM3's?

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
KM2 on my 2020. They are still available in a few sizes and cheaper so not likely to see and upgrade to KM3