Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
@Joe98 @Jaydee_S He didn't have any additional information and said he would ask the stock manager and get back to me with information. I am still waiting for that to happen....
Sponsored

OP
OP

abbot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
I went with the family to pickup the car yesterday and noticed that both the rear tail lights were cracked while the red JLU next to mine was pristine. So I'm still without a car and worried what I'll find next...

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer just called and said our JL Sport S is in the country and will be ready for delivery in the next 2 weeks. Apparently this shipment only had sport/overlander. Have you guys heard anything?
My JL Overland order has been postponed twice now , April-May to late June to now late September which I am told is when Rubicon orders are expected also .

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
My JL Overland order has been postponed twice now , April-May to late June to now late September which I am told is when Rubicon orders are expected also .
Walked in to a dealership here in Melbourne and they had plenty of Rubicons. Test drove and brought it home Monday. I'd never order a Jeep off the catalogue for these sorts of reasons and more.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Walked in to a dealership here in Melbourne and they had plenty of Rubicons. Test drove and brought it home Monday. I'd never order a Jeep off the catalogue for these sorts of reasons and more.
so your dealership is the reason why the rest of us are waiting...

My dealership told me the other day that jeep dealerships now have to prove the orders are for clients and not for the yard as people like me who ordered back on release are still waiting =(

Sponsored

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Your lucky , my dealer told me the only stock orders they have been allowed are sport models . All other orders must be for clients and even then the delivery dates are not certain . Praying the timing of September works out as real ....

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I got a call from my dealership last week. He told me that my rubicon was on board the "Talisman" and is on it's way... It got delayed due to bad weather but I now have an ETA and can track the ship... It should be here near the end of July...

Invech

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Rubicon
Just got phone call from that SA dealer and he said my order has been pushed to Dec, I ordered April and the established deliver date is 15th August.
I am cancelling my order now as cant wait another 5 months.

Does anyone got car from that dealer which is low price sold in this site?

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Hey all,

In my experience, once the ship docked I was able to get some idea on the land based transport. When my JLUR was unloaded at Port Kembla, the land based transport was handled by Prixcar. (Not sure if this applies to all states).
If you have a VIN or Jeep 'Fact order no' (8 digit number), you may be able to find where your vehicle may be at after it leaves the ship. The Jeep 'Fact order no', if you have it, can be used in the 'Vehicle ID' field.

http://e2.prixcar.com.au/e2/DirectAccess.jsp?task=VehicleTrackerHome.jsp

This got me as far as the collection facility for transport to the dealer.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Just got phone call from that SA dealer and he said my order has been pushed to Dec, I ordered April and the established deliver date is 15th August.
I am cancelling my order now as cant wait another 5 months.

Does anyone got car from that dealer which is low price sold in this site?
I wonder if your dealer forgot to place the order?

My dealer mentioned that it was built and ready to ship ages ago.. So should be here early august.. But unfortunately im finding it extremely difficult to get through to my sales guy.... Im hoping its because he is just busy and not because of something like "it missed the boat" =/

This car cant come soon enough as I already have booked in a video shoot for it for a major company to show off some new Wrangler gear =/ That and the fact my current car is constantly finding new stuff to break in itself and im forever spending money keeping it going until the new car arrives =(

Sponsored

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I wonder if your dealer forgot to place the order?

My dealer mentioned that it was built and ready to ship ages ago.. So should be here early august.. But unfortunately im finding it extremely difficult to get through to my sales guy.... Im hoping its because he is just busy and not because of something like "it missed the boat" =/

This car cant come soon enough as I already have booked in a video shoot for it for a major company to show off some new Wrangler gear =/ That and the fact my current car is constantly finding new stuff to break in itself and im forever spending money keeping it going until the new car arrives =(
My dealer told me originally my JLUR will be here in mid June, then moved to July and now August...

I did get my VIN number and can see the build sheet from late May.

The latest update i got its on its way (on ship from early July) and should be ready for pickup by early August. Apparently they build and ship a bunch of RHD Wrangler at the same time (rather then piece meal one or 2 units at a time). So i guess all our orders from Jan-Feb will be here sometime in August...that's the best guess for now. A wise guy once told me all Custom Jeep order takes minimum, 6 months.....

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
Hey all,

In my experience, once the ship docked I was able to get some idea on the land based transport. When my JLUR was unloaded at Port Kembla, the land based transport was handled by Prixcar. (Not sure if this applies to all states).
If you have a VIN or Jeep 'Fact order no' (8 digit number), you may be able to find where your vehicle may be at after it leaves the ship. The Jeep 'Fact order no', if you have it, can be used in the 'Vehicle ID' field.

http://e2.prixcar.com.au/e2/DirectAccess.jsp?task=VehicleTrackerHome.jsp

This got me as far as the collection facility for transport to the dealer.
Thanks for the link, just checked my VIN and no result, they punched in the VIN number of a friends JL Sport and can see the tracking detail (he received his back in May).

How did you get this link, did your dealer gave it to you? and i guess this only get active once dealer acknowledge that the Jeep is at the port?

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
So Jeep Australia can’t shoot an e-mail to the factory to ask for the projected production window/s for right hand drive wranglers, then add the shipping time to send that batch of vehicles to come up with an accurate delivery date?

Can’t be that difficult, unless the factory keeps changing the production windows or the dealer forgets to place the order? For the record I’ve also been told 6 months for a custom order. Custom order = adding ANY non-standard option i.e. Aux switches.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Thanks for the link, just checked my VIN and no result, they punched in the VIN number of a friends JL Sport and can see the tracking detail (he received his back in May).

How did you get this link, did your dealer gave it to you? and i guess this only get active once dealer acknowledge that the Jeep is at the port?
I was able to find out from the dealer what transport company handled the road freight. This was for collection from port and delivery firstly to the transport company holding yard at Port Kembla, then secondly transferred to a holding facility at Minto, nominating the dealer allocation. Somewhere in the middle of this, the compliance plate is added.
Prixcar is a national company, so I assume it has the contract with FCA, not the dealer.
As far as the dealer is concerned, they had no idea. I had to tell them where the vehicle was!

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I think my job has made me really patient with production and freight. It can all get really messy really quick and the moment you give people an estimate they hold on to that date as if it is the holy grail. So I can understand dealerships not wanting to give anything other than a broad delivery time. When my dealer called me to let me know the ship that my order was going to be on was delayed by a month I could almost feel his panic at telling me the news. poor guy had probably already copped it from other customers....

Anyway, He told me that my Jeep was onboard the Talisman and was due end of July... I checked and the Talisman arrived at Brisbane yesterday... Now it should just be customs, then the trip to Sydney, then all the dealership stuff :)
Sponsored