Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Remove all the decal and start over with my own style. I'm not revealing anything yet.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the wrangler unlimited decals, but kept the Rubicons because I like them. Also removed the visor warning decals.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I removed the wrangler unlimited decals, but kept the Rubicons because I like them. Also removed the visor warning decals.
how hard was the visor sticker was it to remove.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
They look burned in. I used a blackout vinyl over both of them.
yeah. i was looking at mine and its not a sticker that looks easy to peal off. most likely i'm just going to leave it alone.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
how hard was the visor sticker was it to remove.
The hardest part was getting it started. Even then, it required an amount of force that was also stretching the visor covering the whole time. I actually dreaded doing the second one, but went ahead because I couldn't leave it half done.

Not long afterwards, I saw the black out decals on pixel decals site. I'd have to suggest going that route. And if that idea gives you pause, thinking about the decal not exactly matching? I can testify that when seen up close, the original decal spot can still be spotted. You'd think the visor had a hint of sun fade before the decal was removed, but it was in fact removed on my 2nd day of ownership, about 2 weeks after it was born. Its just the result of how they applied it.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I thought I’d like no Rubicon decal, but I missed it. But I don’t like the red accents on my Sting Gray. So @pixeldecals to the rescue. They are reflective black. I still need to plastidip the trail rated badge, and then all red will be gone!

373A8734-D99C-4AAE-98E3-67872CA453D4.jpeg

8C3FF972-459B-431E-9F9F-5E3C9B18A38E.jpeg

6A24355E-EF54-4281-B13C-181FCCB6C82D.jpeg

B9D706A3-2866-4FAB-9FFD-4F332AA92C3A.jpeg

65761562-16A7-4521-87EC-2CBB6C659DEA.jpeg

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

I haven't even taken delivery yet, but I think the red accented Rubicon sticker needs to go ASAP on my Sarge Green. Maybe plastidip the other logos and pull the tow hooks to paint black. As is, it's kind of a Christmas / 1990's Honda Civic mod theme. I wouldn't mind getting a normal black Rubicon sticker to replace.

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
I haven't even taken delivery yet, but I think the red accented Rubicon sticker needs to go ASAP on my Sarge Green. Maybe plastidip the other logos and pull the tow hooks to paint black. As is, it's kind of a Christmas / 1990's Honda Civic mod theme. I wouldn't mind getting a normal black Rubicon sticker to replace.
Popular replacement when people want a more subdued look is to do matte black with a gloss black outline. Bronze outline also looks great on Sarge Green.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

I'm the opposite. I think the red is great as accent on the Sarge.

Deleted member 59098

I'm the opposite. I think the red is great as accent on the Sarge.
I'll have to check it out when I pick it up and see how I feel. I have a foresty green ZJ with flat black and like that low key combination.

Deleted member 59098

Popular replacement when people want a more subdued look is to do matte black with a gloss black outline. Bronze outline also looks great on Sarge Green.
I was checking your website, where's that matte black/gloss combo on there?
Sponsored