Dealership question (woes)

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
I bought my 23 rubi in oct, when I brought it home I took out the soft top (still in box) and there was an indentation on the leather. Not a small one either, so took it to the dealership they took pictures to send to whomever. I went back to check if progress has been made 2 weeks ago. They couldnā€™t find anything, they could not even find a work order. Any way to expedite this?
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I bought my 23 rubi in oct, when I brought it home I took out the soft top (still in box) and there was an indentation on the leather. Not a small one either, so took it to the dealership they took pictures to send to whomever. I went back to check if progress has been made 2 weeks ago. They couldnā€™t find anything, they could not even find a work order. Any way to expedite this?
If You donā€™t have any proof, youā€™re like starting over. Your best bet is to just stay on top of them. And post a pic. There may be someone on here who can help you remedy it on your own.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
By leather, do you mean the window? They tend to retain some indentations in the cold, but normally will snap back to shape when installed and it warms up.

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
By leather, do you mean the window? They tend to retain some indentations in the cold, but normally will snap back to shape when installed and it warms up.
I am assuming he means on the seat. If you get the dual top group and the soft top is in the box, there may have been a mark from the box forcing the seat down. It is not a light box either šŸ˜…

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Example 655 of why I avoid dealers unless absolutely necessary. Ugh they are so terrible....

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I am assuming he means on the seat. If you get the dual top group and the soft top is in the box, there may have been a mark from the box forcing the seat down. It is not a light box either šŸ˜…
Ohhh, makes more sense now. Likely the same though, unless it's scratched, I'd expect the vinyl seat trim to came back to shape after a while.

OP
OP

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Ohhh, makes more sense now. Likely the same though, unless it's scratched, I'd expect the vinyl seat trim to came back to shape after a while.
Well tried massaging it out, applied a little heat waited couple months donā€™t think itā€™s gona come out

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Well tried massaging it out, applied a little heat waited couple months donā€™t think itā€™s gona come out
10-4, for some reason I was thinking weeks, not months. I remember a similar thing happening with our soft top boxes, but it went away fast enough we didn't have an issue.

There is an account on here for @JeepCares, I'm not sure if they handle you guys up north, or just US, but it could be worth a PM to see if they'll help.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
As someone with an upholstery background and still does it occasionally. I would apply heat to it, ideally with a steamer and may even pull the leather back to hit the foam directly.
Sponsored