First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
So I made an appointment last Tuesday to drop my JL off for a couple of issues. Appointment was scheduled for yesterday at 9:00. Called today to get an update and they stated they haven’t had a chance to look at it? After almost 2 days of it sitting there? What’s the point in making an appointment, if it is just going to sit there? Why does this make no sense to me?
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I made an appointment last Tuesday to drop my JL off for a couple of issues. Appointment was scheduled for yesterday at 9:00. Called today to get an update and they stated they haven’t had a chance to look at it? After almost 2 days of it sitting there? What’s the point in making an appointment, if it is just going to sit there? Why does this make no sense to me?
Sounds like you need a new dealer.

OP
OP
Wzabrouski

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
It is aggregating that businesses don’t have any respect for the customers time. For the last 10 years, I have been lucky to deal with BMW’s customer service, which I have to say was absolutely amazing so maybe my expectations are too high...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It is aggregating that businesses don’t have any respect for the customers time. For the last 10 years, I have been lucky to deal with BMW’s customer service, which I have to say was absolutely amazing so maybe my expectations are too high...
It has nothing to do with the brand of vehicle. Find a better dealer.

Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I quit using chains like automation and started using a locally owned dealer. Night and day. I can email my service advisor, explain the problem—- and if the parts are available I’m in an out in a day.

OP
OP
Wzabrouski

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
I quit using chains like automation and started using a locally owned dealer. Night and day. I can email my service advisor, explain the problem—- and if the parts are available I’m in an out in a day.
This is probably a good idea for next time.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What did the service manager say was the delay of them starting on it?

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
I have had it where I drop my Jeep off at 9AM (suggested time, every visit) and then I wont get a call until 2 pm or 3 pm that day but never multiple days later. That is crazy. Did they give you a loaner? Maybe that is there way to get out of having to give you a loaned car????

Sponsored

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
This sounds like the dealership I've used for a couple warranty items on my 2015 JK... Moritz in Fort Worth. Basically, the appointment is just for speaking to a service adviser. At that time, the adviser always tells me that service is completed on a first come / first serve basis. At least they were honest about the situation with me. When I had a leaking radiator, they told me the part would be there the next morning, so drop it off early and they'd probably get to it. I did, and it got completed that day.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Got a rental car which it covered by WAVE for the first 2 years. Dealer will get you back on your jeep as fast as they can.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
My dealer doesn’t accept appointments. First come, first served. This has been culture shock for me as I make an appointment for my BMW or my wife’s Audi and when I pull in they have a loaner vehicle ready.

OP
OP
Wzabrouski

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
Never got a call on Monday, like I was told I would. Been out of town for the past couple of days on business. I guess it is my responsibility to check in on the status of my vehicle. As a first time Jeep owner, and this being my first service appointment, this dealer has no concept of customer service. Would have expected a call stating “hey, this is the issue, and this is what is being done about it”, or “hey we are waiting on a part”. Nothing but crickets. I wish more dealers realized the correlation between the service departments performance, and future sales... As of right now, my Jeep has been at the dealer since 3/7, and I have no idea what the status is???@JeepCares

Jeepo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB C250; Audi A4; Toyota 4Runner; Ram 1500; Ducati Panigale; Harley Davidson Road King; Trek Mountain Bike; Segway.........
Never got a call on Monday, like I was told I would. Been out of town for the past couple of days on business. I guess it is my responsibility to check in on the status of my vehicle. As a first time Jeep owner, and this being my first service appointment, this dealer has no concept of customer service. Would have expected a call stating “hey, this is the issue, and this is what is being done about it”, or “hey we are waiting on a part”. Nothing but crickets. I wish more dealers realized the correlation between the service departments performance, and future sales... As of right now, my Jeep has been at the dealer since 3/7, and I have no idea what the status is???@JeepCares

Your analogy make sense to us customers, but to a lot of dealership, it is a privilege for us to have our vehicle serviced at their dealers. It is sad that this is happening. Just like you, we have better service experiences with MB, Audi, Toyota and Subaru.
Sponsored