Sponsored

Dash Camera Suggestions/ What do you use?

TheCaptainJS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
I don't see any recent threads on Dash Cameras. I will be getting my 1st Jeep this year, and I will absolutely want to get a Dash Camera when I do.
What Dash Camera's does everyone use?
Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I've got Viofo A119's in all three of my vehicles. Viofo They're low profile and you can use them with or without GPS. They've already paid for themselves twice. A couple years ago a woman pulled out of a parking space abruptly in a store parking lot and T boned me. (It was in my FJ Cruiser and she hit the slider so there was no body damage to me) then claimed I hit her. The police showed up and when they saw the video that was the end of her story. Fast forward to January 2019 I was driving up I93 in Concord, NH and another car in the next lane lost all the ice and snow off their roof and smashed into my grill and hood causing over $500 in damage. My insurance company tried to claim that due to the fact it was a collision I had a $500 deductible. My agent clued me in on the side and told me that if the ice hit my vehicle before hitting the road and bouncing up then it wasn't a collision, it would be a comprehensive claim and I would be covered 100%. Let's go to the video tape! The video clearly showed that the ice came right off her roof and hit me. As soon as I sent the video to the insurance company they got back to me within an hour and told me the whole thing was covered. The bonus was the State Police used the video to give the woman a ticket for not clearing the ice off her car. In today's day and age you need a dashcam.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Just put in a Nextbase 322. Easy to hard wire for power. Base holds the power wire when you want to remove the camera from the window mount

Tamos7

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sahara, 2016 Renegade
I don't see any recent threads on Dash Cameras. I will be getting my 1st Jeep this year, and I will absolutely want to get a Dash Camera when I do.
What Dash Camera's does everyone use?
I've been using the Rexing V1-4K Ultra HD Car Dash Cam for a couple years. I have one in my 2016 Renegade and one in my 2018 JLUS. They have held up well in the Virginia summers and winters. One even provided proof that I stopped for a red light when I got rear ended in 2019. I believe they have models that include front and rear cameras as well.

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i asked the same thing a few weeks ago. i've pretty much settled on the Viofo A129 Plus Duo, offers everything i want and the price isn't all that bad.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I like this topic and not highjacking this question, just want to define to my needs. I like the Nextbase 322GW with the rear view plug in camera. BUT I have my top off 8 months a year and really need a camera to stop people getting stuff out of Jeep. The Newtbase looks like all they have to do is grab camera and the evident is stolen as well.

I was thinking of my deer camera that transmits via cellular and maybe GPS in it.

So any suggestion for those who are topless and secure mount with cabin view..
Sponsored