First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’ve been using Garmin dash cams for years, never an issue and both paid for themselves by providing video of the lady turning in front of me on her red light and totaling my truck. claim was paid by her carrier by the end of the same week of the accident. whatever brand you decide on, buy one!
Agreed!

My wife was driving our old ‘03 Wrangler (manual) and killed it at a stop light as the light turned green. Guy in a brand new $50,000 GMC rear ended us hard within seconds (almost like he did it on purpose 🤔). Funny thing is the Jeep was absolutely fine (spare moved in a couple inches only and tailgate open and closed fine), but his truck had massive damage. Served the nut job right though as he got out and started swearing at as (in front of his kid) like it was our fault (we were all stopped for a light anyways) and with no concern if we were hurt. I told the guy it’s 100% your fault, but no worries, we and the Jeep are fine, so no need to make a big deal about it and he agreed.

Later that day a police officer came to our house and spoke with me and told him everything. He was cool and within minutes was saying “have a good day”.

Then the insurance company called and informed me the guy said we rolled back into him (anyone who drives a manual knows that’s impossible once you let the clutch out completely). I then told them everything and that I want money from his insurance for messing up my tailgate. Neither side won which is fine with me.

I wish I had a camera during that incident though! And if an accident happens again I’ll be certain to not move my vehicle, take lots of photos right away, call the police, call the insurance, trade information, and mention that I have everything recorded in my dash cam. It’s sad there are people out there that are dishonest and try to take advantage of others.
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
My son has a Garmin in his newly restored CJ....it just paid for itself. No injuries.

FedEx!!! CaCaCaCa...CaChing!

Punkindug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392
Great thread. I have been thinking about a dash cam for a while. Anyone know if one of these cameras has a mount that would work with a ram ball? I have the ram mount rail on top of the dash already for my cell phone mount and I have seen that peeps mount go pros there.

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Great thread. I have been thinking about a dash cam for a while. Anyone know if one of these cameras has a mount that would work with a ram ball? I have the ram mount rail on top of the dash already for my cell phone mount and I have seen that peeps mount go pros there.
You can probably use the double-sided tape mounts most of them come with and attach that to a ball mount like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dash Camera You All Use? 1629504610346

Sponsored

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I just got a Garmin mini dash cam. No screen amd smallest on the market. So far I’m happy with it!
Sponsored