AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
OK any one else having issue with dash cam being constantly triggered by the ride on your Wrangler. My 2018 Sports JLU has 2 1/2 inch lift with Nitto trail grapplers. My only mistake is I bought the honest 35 inch tires (10 ply) tires. I have the tires at 30 PSI. Note I have a mile of less than well maintained dirt road to my house. I have impact set to high and 128 meg card in the camera. It fills the card in about two to three weeks. I can format card, or set it to manual save. It beeps loudly when full.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My dash camera functions automatically. It begins recording when the vehicle is started, and shuts down perhaps 10 seconds after the ignition is turned off. It records in loop mode, circling back to overwrite the original files when the MicroSD card is otherwise full.

@AlanD
What sort of dash camera do you have that ride quality would have an adverse effect on its functioning?

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Sounds like your dash camera is working as designed. If you've decreased the sensitivity on the camera and it's still filling up, you may need to drive slower on the bumpy stretch of road. Not ideal, but the other option is to replace the camera with one that has a wider sensitivity range. That's an expensive alternative to manually formatting the card when full every few weeks.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Set your camera to over write when the memory is full.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Can you disable the "save on impact" feature completely? My 128GB card holds many weeks of data, so I am not that concerned about saving a file if I get whacked, it'll be there hopefully regardless.

I have the Viofo and have it set to nag me every month or two to reformat the card anyway. So far so good.

Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I turned the audio off on my Thinkware 1000 because it chirps every time the impact sensor triggered. Which is frequently on dirt.

As someone else said, can’t you set it to overwrite when the card is full?

OP
OP
AlanD

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
OK finally got out my fine ready specs and pulled it down. It was actually a card reading error. I reformated it a 2nd time. I verified it is set to overite. Still registers impacts all the way down the road. But seems fine if I reboot when I hit asphalt. I ran a pretty rought trail Wednesday, my flash drive in the center console. Stoped about the same time. I'll reformat it this afternoon. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored