Backup camera issue?

redhook98

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Good day! I can not turn on the guide lines for my backup camera. I have the Uconnect4 (7-inch) system. Every time I select either the adaptive or straight guidelines for my backup camera on the menu, it will not save either option. It will check the box, then 5 seconds later uncheck it. Any ideas? Only issue I have seen after 120 miles.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Good day! I can not turn on the guide lines for my backup camera. I have the Uconnect4 (7-inch) system. Every time I select either the adaptive or straight guidelines for my backup camera on the menu, it will not save either option. It will check the box, then 5 seconds later uncheck it. Any ideas? Only issue I have seen after 120 miles.
Weird, I don't have that issue.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Are those lines part of the parksense system with the safety group? Do you have the safety group?

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I saw another person with the same complaint yesterday. Let me try to find that post.

OP
OP

redhook98

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Are those lines part of the parksense system with the safety group? Do you have the safety group?
No, not part of the parksense safety group that I am aware of. These are the lines for guiding you when backing up.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'd take it to your dealer. See if they will flash your Uconnect system under warranty.

OP
OP

redhook98

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Took it to the dealer yesterday. They had to get on the phone with tech support at Jeep and spent all day on it. Couldn't fix it. They are waiting on a new flash to come down the pipeline and they will reflash my system. Until then, it is just a minor inconvenience. Irritating from a new vehicle, but minor.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Took it to the dealer yesterday. They had to get on the phone with tech support at Jeep and spent all day on it. Couldn't fix it. They are waiting on a new flash to come down the pipeline and they will reflash my system. Until then, it is just a minor inconvenience. Irritating from a new vehicle, but minor.
And hopefully that flash will give us the "OFF ROAD PAGES" !!! And fix your issue too ;}

OP
OP

redhook98

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Doubt if we'll get the offroad pages. You do have a few offroad items in your center cluster display. Inclination and pitch. But thats it. :-(

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Why the hell would you advertise it on the Jeep and in the manual if you’re not going to offer it?

a1ex3yz

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xsr900
Got the guide lines disappeared after the software update (which brought back the off-road pages). As soon as I tried the new "backup cam" app the lines disappeared. The warning beeping still works and I saw the lines only once since. Tried to change the settings but with no luck.

IMG_7701.JPG
Sponsored