old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You folks have no clue what happens at the assembly plants or at the dealer level.

Had this been a stock inventory order, the dealer would fix it, put it on the lot, sell it and if the new buyer had a issue with the paint, that then becomes a warranty issue.
This is another reason why I do not trust dealers .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
There are a lot of options here that'll work out for both the dealership and the buyer, but demanding they just shave off $5,000 before they've even had a chance to make things right isn't one of them.
The only thing the dealer wants is all the money , regardless if it is a lemon or a dent in the window frame . If they promise to fix it , OP has no control if he gives them the money first .

So , first things first : don't give them money .

Last edited:

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Check if the glass says "Acustic" on the Rubicon. If so then the sport glass is not the same as the Rubicon.

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Lots of bad advise here. Being a Service Director for 35 years at the dealership level, this is just a normal ding that happens. The dealership caught it at time of delivery to the dealership. They will fix it, file a transportation claim and they will get paid the cost of the repair, ONLY. No discount from anybody.

The dealership can do what they want. They do not have to disclose transportation damage on something as minor as this. If the person that ordered it does not want it, so be it. The dealer has no way to discount the vehicle. Often times you will get a vehicle that had paint work done at the assembly plant and it is considered a "new" vehicle.

That is a easy fix, bondo, paint and it is done.
All the more reason to reorder. I personally wouldn't want to pay 50K for a bondoed vehicle that has sit in a body shop with dust and potential overspray before I ever put mile 1 on it. Just me though.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
All the more reason to reorder. I personally wouldn't want to pay 50K for a bondoed vehicle that has sit in a body shop with dust and potential overspray before I ever put mile 1 on it. Just me though.
First things first : don't give the dealer any money .

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Check if the glass says "Acustic" on the Rubicon. If so then the sport glass is not the same as the Rubicon.
Sports have acoustic glass too. I had one, so I know for sure.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sports have acoustic glass too. I had one, so I know for sure.
Really, I thought it was only the Rubicons and Sahara's with the ANC.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Really, I thought it was only the Rubicons and Sahara's with the ANC.
Nope, my sport s had acoustic. I checked for sure when I saw posts about it. I've since traded it for the rubi cuz I have no brains. :) My sport also only had the regular audio system.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, my sport s had acoustic. I checked for sure when I saw posts about it. I've since traded it for the rubi cuz I have no brains. :) My sport also only had the regular audio system.
You were talking about ANC, that the sport does not have, but still has acoustic glass. Sorry.

OP
OP
MG TrailRunner
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon on order
Thanks everyone. I have read every comment and really appreciate everyone’s advice. They told me if the windshield frames match from the other JL they are going to swap them. The only money they have from me is my 500 deposit. If i don’t like the swap or paint don’t match I won’t take it. Prob have to wait for a 19 then.. I’ll just have to wait and see. But I really appreciate everyone’s comments. Thank you !

Logger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@MG TrailRunner - you’re down doing the right thing by not accepting delivery until they make it right. I had the same situation with damage elsewhere (on the door sill). I accepted delivery with written commitment from dealership that it would be fixed to my exact specifications. It became very frustrating because at that point they had their money. Fortunately it worked out, but only after a ton of angry calls and two attempts to fix in their body shop. In the end they threw in all weather mats and sweetened the financing but you’ll have better control if you wait until you’re satisfied before taking ownership. Good luck - it will work out!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
@MG TrailRunner - you’re down doing the right thing by not accepting delivery until they make it right. I had the same situation with damage elsewhere (on the door sill). I accepted delivery with written commitment from dealership that it would be fixed to my exact specifications. It became very frustrating because at that point they had their money. Fortunately it worked out, but only after a ton of angry calls and two attempts to fix in their body shop. In the end they threw in all weather mats and sweetened the financing but you’ll have better control if you wait until you’re satisfied before taking ownership. Good luck - it will work out!
Exactly correct : they had their money .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thanks everyone. I have read every comment and really appreciate everyone’s advice. They told me if the windshield frames match from the other JL they are going to swap them. The only money they have from me is my 500 deposit. If i don’t like the swap or paint don’t match I won’t take it. Prob have to wait for a 19 then.. I’ll just have to wait and see. But I really appreciate everyone’s comments. Thank you !
What if some moron doesn't do it perfect and you end up with a leak ? I'd take a big money discount and leave the dent .
Sponsored