Sponsored

Damage to transfer case by using 2wd?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Considering you can easily do this in a V6 JK, I can only imagine what 2WD will do to various components in a 392 Wrangler over time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Damage to transfer case by using 2wd? b916007efc9c3f35a97006abe7ac11e6
Sponsored

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Are you starting it up and pulling out immediately? I’ve noticed, it takes the jeep computer a few seconds to boot up, and then the Tazer another few seconds to calibrate itself as well. Try letting all the dash warnings cycle through, etc before you drive off.

Very rarely the Tazer has forgot that I was in force RWD and I just have to turn it back on. Make sure to set a quick button to to that. Then it’s super fast, just push a cruise button and it’s back on…

Did the quick button remap today using the +/- cruise control buttons for Force RWD. Thank you for that tip!

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
I realized that the "locking up" feeling that I was describing only happens when I remote start the Jeep after leaving it in Force RWD. The best feeling I can describe it: it's like the jeep is in 4low and the parking brake (and it's not) is on but it is supposed to be in 2 wheel drive. So it doesn't make sense.

It doesn't really bother me anymore. I just need to remember to hit the quick button after I remote start the Jeep IF I did leave in Force RWD from when I had the Jeep running before. I haven't had it do this if I regularly start it (instead of remote starting it) and it was left in Force RWD. Just thought I'd let others know if anyone else has this problem. I made Z Automotive aware of this information as well.

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
I plan on installing the Tazer when my 392 arrives, hopefully next week. Any thoughts on which unit is best?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I plan on installing the Tazer when my 392 arrives, hopefully next week. Any thoughts on which unit is best?
Tazer Mini. Get the harness extension. I hope you have small fingers, it’s a PITA to install

Sponsored

thance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Commander, 2002 Liberty, Looking for JLURD
Taking out the access panel under the steering wheel will help. The plug is above the OBD2 port if I remember. I'm 6'4" and not skinny... getting upside down in the drivers footwell is not easy or comfortable... but it is possible and the smaller you are the better so may be a good time for a small helper.

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
I've been in there on the JKs, but never on a JL. Not small hands, but every job must draw blood, so this one will not be the exception.
Sponsored