D30 Upgrades

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
After doing some searching, it appears that the JL D30 takes the same gears and differentials that are used in the JK. Can any of the forum vendors confirm that this assumption is correct?

The reason I ask is because I would like to install a Detroit Truetrac in the front and both Spicer & Yukon are coming out with FAD delete axle kits for the JL D30 that would make the TT work right when I am ready to upgrade to 4.56 gears.

Thank you for any info!
Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
For that much hassle you're better off just getting a ProRock 44 or the equivalent.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
After doing some searching, it appears that the JL D30 takes the same gears and differentials that are used in the JK. Can any of the forum vendors confirm that this assumption is correct?

The reason I ask is because I would like to install a Detroit Truetrac in the front and both Spicer & Yukon are coming out with FAD delete axle kits for the JL D30 that would make the TT work right when I am ready to upgrade to 4.56 gears.

Thank you for any info!
Why not buy like new takeoff rubi jl d44 axles for $3500 on here and get 4.10 gears, e lockers, stronger axles and better brakes? Sell your current axles for a grand to lower overall cost. A ton more bang for the buck vs. spending $ trying to build a d30.

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I’m in a similar boat but I’m not sure what to do. I think I’m just gonna look to upgrade the axels in general. I thought about torq lockers for now but I dunno
Sponsored