Cracked Windshield Club

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Just replaced mine last week. I shopped all around since my deductible with 21st century insurance was $500. If you are in the Sacramento area i recommend MIT Auto Glass. Igor came to my office, installed the new aftermarket windshield and it was only $200. if you want mopar it is $400. Hope this helps. His number is 916 718-3915.

in comparison, safelight was $550.
Sponsored

Cyalume

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Well, I joined the club today after 3 JKs, and one JL (this one); I’ve been lucky I guess.

3BFE82C1-6073-437D-AF54-60CB67B3B20C.jpeg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
UPDATE: They brought another OEM piece initially and I told them no, so they brought and installed an aftermarket version this morning. If you tap on it the sound is less tinny and more solid like a normal windshield. This glass also has the opening and heating element for the camera. It also has no set pins like the OEM glass, it floats on glue like most others. I will update the thread as I get more time with it. Hoping this one works better. I am also curious if the stereo sounds any different. I will report on that also, once I have tested it.
It would be nice if there is a aftermarket windshield that was more durable that still has the sound insulating of the OEM Acoustic glass.

Wind and road noise is supposedly decreased with the Acoustic windshield. I suspect this is important due to the shape of the Wrangler and the up right angle of the JL windshield.

I read about a Honda owner who had their windshield replaced. He said he initially thought the windshield was installed incorrectly because it was noticeably noisier. He took it back to the shop and they realized they installed the wrong windshield. The correct windshield was a Acoustic one. He reported the Acoustic windshield was indeed quieter.

Let us know what you think?

kevinsmith812

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I joined the club today. I have a few stupid questions:
1. Is a windshield covered under my factory warranty?
2. Will my insurance company replace with Mopar original glass?

jbelluccio12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Also joined the club this week... The dealer told me they don't cover it unless they break it or there is no big chip unfortunately.

Has anyone heard of KP Glass? Saw litebrite had it they said it was good, was wondering if anyone else has used it?

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Also joined the club this week... The dealer told me they don't cover it unless they break it or there is no big chip unfortunately.

Has anyone heard of KP Glass? Saw litebrite had it they said it was good, was wondering if anyone else has used it?
Same question.....I have not been able to dig them up.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Welcome and congrats!
Insurance is State regulated so different for every state. Check with your actual insurance company.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Lite Brite just did a replacement Windshield that seems to last longer than OEM
iF YOU GET ANY INFO FROM THIS YAHOO ITS PROBABLY SPONSORD AND USLESS.

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
It would be nice if there is a aftermarket windshield that was more durable that still has the sound insulating of the OEM Acoustic glass.

Wind and road noise is supposedly decreased with the Acoustic windshield. I suspect this is important due to the shape of the Wrangler and the up right angle of the JL windshield.

I read about a Honda owner who had their windshield replaced. He said he initially thought the windshield was installed incorrectly because it was noticeably noisier. He took it back to the shop and they realized they installed the wrong windshield. The correct windshield was a Acoustic one. He reported the Acoustic windshield was indeed quieter.

Let us know what you think?
Turns out my glass is marked acoustic. No noticeable difference in sound or road noise from the OEM. This one has already outlived the other two.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Made it 6 months and 8K miles and a small rock hit the lower driver's section so softly today I almost did not hear it.

A star formed which immediately grew to a 6" crack within 30 seconds. Going to have it drilled in the morning to stop the spread.

After renting a Sahara last July and getting no less than 4 cracks on a road trip, I am surprised I made it this long.

These windshields just plain suck...

Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Joined the club after 1yr3mths (not too bad considering some on here). Right now it's just a small crack/chip that hasn't spread in the few days since it happened so I'm hoping it can be repaired but we'll see.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Joined the club after 1yr3mths (not too bad considering some on here). Right now it's just a small crack/chip that hasn't spread in the few days since it happened so I'm hoping it can be repaired but we'll see.
Well I had a small chip got it repaired the same day crack continued the repair service said glass
Is weak refunded my cash.