Cracked Windshield Club

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I got my second rock hit that caused the smallest of cracks. Took it to Safelite for a repair and it ran down to the edge of the windshield during the process. New windshield going in this weekend.

4BEDA4B9-3FCA-4E43-9DE2-D317BC6B2EDC.jpeg
Sponsored

baconator_17

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 4 Door
Got my Jeep 11 months ago, replaced twice already. First one 1 week in, 2nd one last week.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm still running my cracked windshield as-is, as buying a house superceded ponying up $500-700 for a new piece of glass. Although the crack is pretty big, it hasn't propagated at all throughout the winter (surprisingly) and I'll likely run it until late summer before replacing. I'm still a little peeved at JeepCares for the lack of follow through (along with Denver area Jeep dealers who refuse to look at it). Then again, this is why I buy my Jeeps very lightly used...so I can skip the whole dealer experience and save 15-20%! I'll likely just have Safelite replace sometime this summer and not waste my time w/ JeepCares or local dealers.

baconator_17

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 4 Door
I got my second rock hit that caused the smallest of cracks. Took it to Safelite for a repair and it ran down to the edge of the windshield during the process. New windshield going in this weekend.

4BEDA4B9-3FCA-4E43-9DE2-D317BC6B2EDC.jpeg
This is like the same spot my last one started, then boom, all the way across.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
New windshield installed at Safelite. We’ll see how long this one goes before a crack. I made it 1.75 years on the first one.

Sponsored

Ryder

First Name
Dian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Sahara 2019
Just happened again - the second in less than a year. Small rock and no chip, just a crack that ran half way down the windshield. At this rate, I'm in no hurry to get it fixed. I've owned several Jeeps and never had this problem before. In their effort to reduce weight did they reduce the windshield strength?

Allan winters

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
My 2018 Sahara same for rock chips. I’m on my fourth windshield. Just had mine replaced in January and here we are in March another rock chip that immediately ran. They need to make a better window for these jeeps because of the flat design. I use to have a $100 deductible however changed it to a zero deductible because of the frequency.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Mine cracked in October and I have yet to replace it. Runs 80% horizontally through the windshield smack in the middle. I've learned to deal with it. Until I find a good aftermarket one I'll continue to run it like it is. People say it gives my Jeep a rugged look as compared to a regular sedan with a messed up windshield. Not complaining.

Allan winters

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Has anyone ever been denied renewal of their insurance due to too many windshield replacement claims or a significant premium increase?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My 2018 Sahara same for rock chips. I’m on my fourth windshield. Just had mine replaced in January and here we are in March another rock chip that immediately ran. They need to make a better window for these jeeps because of the flat design. I use to have a $100 deductible however changed it to a zero deductible because of the frequency.
I have owned a TJ and JK and have never had to replace the windshield even after several rocks bouncing off the glass. I think the JL's laminated Acoustic Windshield is too thin.

Sponsored

rjson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Just rolled 5k on my JL, I've had 2 windshields replaced, latest was last week .Replaced by Safelite, full replacement coverage.
Received a new quarter sized chip yesterday...which will grow to a crack.
When I made my appointment online for the first 2. I was asked if I wanted to opt for a lesser cost non OEM windshield. I'll go with that for this replacement, who knows it might tougher.

My first Jeep was a new 1980 CJ 5...owned it for 5yrs and never had to replace the glass.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Just rolled 5k on my JL, I've had 2 windshields replaced, latest was last week .Replaced by Safelite, full replacement coverage.
Received a new quarter sized chip yesterday...which will grow to a crack.
When I made my appointment online for the first 2. I was asked if I wanted to opt for a lesser cost non OEM windshield. I'll go with that for this replacement, who knows it might tougher.

My first Jeep was a new 1980 CJ 5...owned it for 5yrs and never had to replace the glass.
Welcome to the club. Let us know what brand the cheaper replacement windshield is and how it holds up.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I wish would have saved me over 2500.00 in windows!!!
Sorry for delay in replying. Turns out I was able to get some type of warranty that guarantees me free windshields for so many years. (7 I think).