Sponsored

CP4 Fuel Pump

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
don't know who you would call, but they may or may not know what they were talking about.

you can check it out on the NHTSA site yourself with the info that's already been provided here.

Jeep says that my 2021 is not on the fuel pump recall list - I checked the portal, and called. Some 2021 forum members have stated that they have gotten recall letters. The only recall that is for my Jeep is that 10 minute DEF flash, and I had that done in March.

So.......is there a fuel pump recall on 2021s, or not?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
don't know who you would call, but they may or may not know what they were talking about.

you can check it out on the NHTSA site yourself with the info that's already been provided here.
Good tip. Just checked NHTSA with my VIN - nothing for me yet. And...my 2021 was in the first wave of that model year's production (delivered Sept 2020).

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
weird.

may you continue to be lucky!
my first one popped at 4100 miles.

Good tip. Just checked NHTSA with my VIN - nothing for me yet. And...my 2021 was in the first wave of that model year's production (delivered Sept 2020).

Mat

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Eco diesel
My 2021 gladiator ecodiesel at 25 k miles just stranded me, girlfriend, dog, and a truck bed full of potting soil and supplies due to the fuel pump failure. Now in a rental truck, no dogs allowed.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My 2021 gladiator ecodiesel at 25 k miles just stranded me, girlfriend, dog, and a truck bed full of potting soil and supplies due to the fuel pump failure. Now in a rental truck, no dogs allowed.
Was your VIN on the recall list?

Sponsored

Mat

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Eco diesel
No, not yet. Brace yourselves. The mechanic showed concern that the floodgates may be opening. I can't imagine any vehicle being immune to this.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
your Profile Pic and the fact that you seem to have joined this forum just last night to make this complaint are telling of your state of mind.

i hope it gets better!

RocknJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
No, not yet. Brace yourselves. The mechanic showed concern that the floodgates may be opening. I can't imagine any vehicle being immune to this.
Using any additives?

grostage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L ecodiesel
Occupation
Millwright/Welder
mine is on the list, uh oh no parts available? drive it til it fails i guess?

Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Found this on the gladiator forum. Updated recall info
Good info, thanks for posting. Looks like FCA has recognized approximately 60,000 units with the potentially failing fuel pump in the Wrangler, Gladiator and Ram models. Here I thought that FCA was just ignoring the issue but the report indicates they were actively researching this potential problem with our vehicles.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
so, my pump was replaced last week while it was in for an unrelated Check Engine Light issue.

previously the same dealer had told me i'd have to schedule an appointment for an "Inspection" to determine if it had already contaminated the fuel system so they would know what parts to order before they did the replacement, but this time they reportedly had the parts in stock and it was handled alongside the other recalls and issues very matter-of-factly.

didn't get any paperwork, Users Manual Addendums, or stickers near the fuel filler as have been reported by some other folks. only sign anything had been done at all was a disturbance of the dirt pattern on the engine cover.
Sponsored