swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
Will you be having Steve Morris (hat) put a Procharger on the Rubi once you get it home? :rock:
HAHA man I wish! My buddy has one of his engines...been to his shop several times, one of the best in the industry!
Sponsored

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that my white Rubi stuck in JB since 1/31!!! Your truck looks awesome! I got to say though I’m double thinking maybe I shouldnt have ordered so soon to have these problems, I know they’re trying to fix these things and work the quirks out but to have these problems so soon, body gaps, paint blemishes,etc is not what I want to hear, especially from my build that’s been sitting in JB for three weeks. Makes me believe there was a lot more things wrong on my truck than a soft top and the longer it stays the worse I feel. In hindsight you could probably say it might be better that we had it built so soon this way we are more closely checked but the paint blemishes is what would bother me. Anyway you are very lucky to get that tour it looked fun and you look happy!
They normally just do random audits, mine was put in there because my contact is the quality manager. Honestly most of these things are so minuet that you would never notice them. Most are found with gauges. That white Rubi is absolutely gorgeous! I think if I was buying this one for me it would be white...I just love the way the colors contrast ....if that's the right description??? I did notice all the soft tops looked loose.

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello NY neighbor. My build was 12/17, so obviously it was built during the first batch releases. One thing my 12 years in the Army taught me was attention to detail. I went over mine like a boot camp inspection, and I can't see any misalignment, paint blemishes, etc. The build quality seems impressive, and everything shuts/closes/turns/twists without any glitches. I am very impressed so far, and hope that you don't let the fact that the factory is finding some minor issues here and there bother you. Even vehicles in their last year of production have issues.
The doors and tailgate close very nice also, don't have to slam like my JK

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Hello NY neighbor. My build was 12/17, so obviously it was built during the first batch releases. One thing my 12 years in the Army taught me was attention to detail. I went over mine like a boot camp inspection, and I can't see any misalignment, paint blemishes, etc. The build quality seems impressive, and everything shuts/closes/turns/twists without any glitches. I am very impressed so far, and hope that you don't let the fact that the factory is finding some minor issues here and there bother you. Even vehicles in their last year of production have issues.

True, I understand. Besides a NY Firefighter I am a master finish Carpenter for over 30 years so my eye is pretty good. I know, it's a jeep, my Shelby's and Challengers all had flaws, what I was talking about is first run problems and holding ours in "storage" for some reason and people toying and tinkering with it after build. That kinda worries me a little, but again, on the bright side maybe a blessing being that they are going over it with a fine tooth comb but it is only a Jeep. Oh, and thanks for your service!

I'm sure it's not like this...

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Paul,

Don't they look great under the lights? That's why I hate going to car dealers, they all look so good. I was told by a close connection that mine was going through an audit, as others are.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Paul,

Don't they look great under the lights? That's why I hate going to car dealers, they all look so good. I was told by a close connection that mine was going through an audit, as others are.
First, MUCH, MUCH respect for you being a NY firefighter...THANK YOU so much for what you do. I am envious as my child hood dream was to be a fire fighter.

Yes, they all look good under the lights and Audi consistently gets rave reviews regarding quality and is ranked among the best..ie; Lexus, Toyota. I am naive to think we can expect that level of refinement, but I do think all manufactures have gotten better so that they could compete with the German/Japanese brands. That said, I am initially impressed with the build quality of my Jeep. Everything seems "tight" with no rattles, and close gaps. Inevitably, when you have a vehicle with removable tops, soft tops, and is meant to off-road, there are compromises. However, I am shocked at how well my first Jeep is built and it just feels bulletproof. The tranny is buttery smooth, and the engine is tried and true. I hope that your rig is delivered without issue, and maybe it's just sitting there getting ready to be shipped. If it was audited, then in my eyes, that's a good thing. I hope mine was audited :)

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shane, You saw 2 doors moving down the line? Quite a few.. ?
Not a lot but a couple here and there....in a sea of 4 doors! There is so many completed Jeeps sitting outside the building I don't know how the hell they figure out what is going where????? stacked in there also so have to pull 10 out to get to 1. I'm sure there is a method to the madness but they are working hard....surprised on how many workers were NOT on their cell phones!

jbe89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/7: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door - Black, 6 MT, LED, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top, Headliner, and Alpine
The doors and tailgate close very nice also, don't have to slam like my JK
I looked at two 4-door Rubicon's at a dealership. One tailgate was flawless, but the other one didn’t close properly. I checked to make sure there wasn’t anything in it, I slammed it, tried to push it with gentle pressure and it wouldn’t shut flush or properly. It must not have been hung properly on the hinges to line up or something wrong with the latch.

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was audited, then in my eyes, that's a good thing. I hope mine was audited :)
Yes to being audited after seeing what they do. I didn't get to see mine but they were working on others. They check every system, all electronics, paint, trim, nothing goes unnoticed....I hope! The engine was warm when I got there so they had to have done some driving tests also as it was a little dirty from the wet pavement....may have been from driving it in from outside also because it was dry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at two 4-door Rubicon's at a dealership. One tailgate was flawless, but the other one didn’t close properly. I checked to make sure there wasn’t anything in it, I slammed it, tried to push it with gentle pressure and it wouldn’t shut flush or properly. It must not have been hung properly on the hinges to line up or something wrong with the latch.
That stinks..mine was perfect

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Yes, they all look good under the lights and Audi consistently gets rave reviews regarding quality and is ranked among the best..ie; Lexus, Toyota. I am naive to think we can expect that level of refinement, but I do think all manufactures have gotten better so that they could compete with the German/Japanese brands. If it was audited, then in my eyes, that's a good thing. I hope mine was audited :)
As an engineer that's been inside a Lexus plant several times, what you are seeing with the Jeeps going into the holding/correction or audit pattern like this is no different than they do at the German and other brands. The things they often get set off for is minor, and like was said above, an audit like that is nothing to be alarmed or worried about. Often another set of eyes is a good thing.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
You make a good point Paul, if the Jeep comes with more miles on it than usual then we can say maybe they did an audit. When mine comes in my dealer tells me,(although I know already) and then I go down and he locks it up, no test drives.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
So I finally got to meet my wife's new Jeep still in the womb! The tour was awesome! As of now chassis and body can run at rate but still a little behind in assy. There were a few 2 doors, a few pumkin's, new blue, didn't see any stingray gray though. All Pentastar's, no GMET4's or Diesel's but not surprising. Pics are from my Jeep in the audit room. There were a few little flaws that they catch like paint blemishes which you can see a arrow on the fender in the hood open pic and door gap on passenger rear in same pic and that was for door gap which you really couldn't tell. It will change also the first time you remove the top but they catch every little thing and make it perfect! Lots of Jeep's coming out of there so be patient, they are trying to spit them out as fast as they can!
20180222_130440.jpg
20180222_130643.jpg
Jelly!

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Is that my white Rubi stuck in JB since 1/31!!! Your truck looks awesome! I got to say though I’m double thinking maybe I shouldnt have ordered so soon to have these problems, I know they’re trying to fix these things and work the quirks out but to have these problems so soon, body gaps, paint blemishes,etc is not what I want to hear, especially from my build that’s been sitting in JB for three weeks. Makes me believe there was a lot more things wrong on my truck than a soft top and the longer it stays the worse I feel. In hindsight you could probably say it might be better that we had it built so soon this way we are more closely checked but the paint blemishes is what would bother me. Anyway you are very lucky to get that tour it looked fun and you look happy!
Wouldn’t your truck be stuck in I if it was because of flaws, qc or adjustment issues ? JB is more for optional parts/accessories I believe
Sponsored