Cool opportunity!

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
So I guess membership does have it's privileges! I have been a FCA employee going on 7 years and asked one of our production managers about the possibility of getting into Toledo Assy to watch my Rubicon get built. I just received an email from a Toledo Assy manager and he said no problem. Just had to send him my VIN and VON and he also said they will do a quality audit on it to make sure it's perfect! I'm pumped to say the least! I know they used to do it (my mom has worked there for 30 years and counting) but I didn't think in this day and age they would mess around with it. Wish they would let me drive the thing home (25miles) and save the $1000 destination fee!
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Can you adopt me so I can join? :cwl: That would be so awesome watching it be built!

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
That's super cool.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
That is cool. The audit is even better!

Sponsored

jeffrey4x4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLSTC
So I guess membership does have it's privileges! I have been a FCA employee going on 7 years and asked one of our production managers about the possibility of getting into Toledo Assy to watch my Rubicon get built. I just received an email from a Toledo Assy manager and he said no problem. Just had to send him my VIN and VON and he also said they will do a quality audit on it to make sure it's perfect! I'm pumped to say the least! I know they used to do it (my mom has worked there for 30 years and counting) but I didn't think in this day and age they would mess around with it. Wish they would let me drive the thing home (25miles) and save the $1000 destination fee!
I would pay an extra $1000 for the audit!

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So then what are they telling us, that the quality control could be better? lol
My cousin just hired in and told me that there are still issues with the frames and the white board is full with issues! I don't care, it's under warranty...cant wait to get it.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
My cousin just hired in and told me that there are still issues with the frames and the white board is full with issues! I don't care, it's under warranty...cant wait to get it.
Working in the automotive industry as a supplier, I can promise you every product supplied to any automotive company has a white board full of ongoing issues that they are always working on... :cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And they are still in a launch which new issues popping up everyday. Wish I could transfer there and help them out!

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
pictures or it didnt happen! lol awesome news! Happy for ya, give us a full report of the experience if you can! I know being an employee they might hold you to certain non disclosures or whatever, but give us whatever details or photos you are allowed!

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Working in the automotive industry as a supplier, I can promise you every product supplied to any automotive company has a white board full of ongoing issues that they are always working on... :cwl:
pictures or it didnt happen! lol awesome news! Happy for ya, give us a full report of the experience if you can! I know being an employee they might hold you to certain non disclosures or whatever, but give us whatever details or photos you are allowed!
I will most certainly be taking pics IF allowed. Did some training in Warren and got to swing into Sterling Heights Assy just before they came out with the new 1500 and was very strict NO PHOTOS or you will be terminated. Wouldn't even let us take a pic of a work station we were there to look at improving.

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well so much for my cool opportunity! Just got a text from my buddy at Jeep and his boss checked my status. His text asked if I had my Jeep yet as it showing on their end that it is out of the plant and was a clean build. Just got with my salesman and he said he noticed it was in JB so I am very close! The weird thing is I checked with Jeep chat Saturday and they said D1? Guess they just tell ya what you want to hear?
Sponsored