Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Awe damn. Wanted to hear someone got to walk their Jeep through the line. lol

Would be awesome. Grats on your incoming!

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
Awe damn. Wanted to hear someone got to walk their Jeep through the line. lol

Would be awesome. Grats on your incoming!
Hot off the press...got an text from our shift manager and he received an email from our Toledo Assy contact. Good and bad news....bad news is my Jeep is built.(not horrible news) the guy was on vacation last week do it slipped by...good news is it's in customer audit and I get to go there today for the audit and plant tour! Pics to come!

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And just as I get my hopes up my Jeep did not make it in today for it's audit so is now scheduled for tomorrow...eerrrrr this Jeep ordering thing is crazy! Is a good thing because now my bosses want me to take my partner and get with our counterparts at the plant and see the stuff they are making! Going to be a good day!

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
My cousin just hired in and told me that there are still issues with the frames and the white board is full with issues! I don't care, it's under warranty...cant wait to get it.
Issues with frames? Can you elaborate please?

Sponsored

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I finally got to meet my wife's new Jeep still in the womb! The tour was awesome! As of now chassis and body can run at rate but still a little behind in assy. There were a few 2 doors, a few pumkin's, new blue, didn't see any stingray gray though. All Pentastar's, no GMET4's or Diesel's but not surprising. Pics are from my Jeep in the audit room. There were a few little flaws that they catch like paint blemishes which you can see a arrow on the fender in the hood open pic and door gap on passenger rear in same pic and that was for door gap which you really couldn't tell. It will change also the first time you remove the top but they catch every little thing and make it perfect! Lots of Jeep's coming out of there so be patient, they are trying to spit them out as fast as they can!
20180222_130440.jpg
20180222_130643.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Awesome news!

With such attention to detail, how do they make it to dealers with miss-matched panels, gaps in the windshield, etc?

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome news!

With such attention to detail, how do they make it to dealers with miss-matched panels, gaps in the windshield, etc?
Panels were not mis-matched, just not perfectly straight. Oh, and now I know why people complaining about the key fob size.....it was bigger than my Ram 3500's

Sponsored

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also if you look at the pic with me in it, where the reflection from my hand on the hood is another tag where they found something wrong...pointing at the hood vent....I could not see anything wrong?

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I finally got to meet my wife's new Jeep still in the womb! The tour was awesome! As of now chassis and body can run at rate but still a little behind in assy. There were a few 2 doors, a few pumkin's, new blue, didn't see any stingray gray though. All Pentastar's, no GMET4's or Diesel's but not surprising. Pics are from my Jeep in the audit room. There were a few little flaws that they catch like paint blemishes which you can see a arrow on the fender in the hood open pic and door gap on passenger rear in same pic and that was for door gap which you really couldn't tell. It will change also the first time you remove the top but they catch every little thing and make it perfect! Lots of Jeep's coming out of there so be patient, they are trying to spit them out as fast as they can!
20180222_130440.jpg
20180222_130643.jpg
Any chance you were able to slip a $100 and they let you drive yours home, avoiding freight delivery?? :like:

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Will you be having Steve Morris (hat) put a Procharger on the Rubi once you get it home? :rock:

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Is that my white Rubi stuck in JB since 1/31!!! Your truck looks awesome! I got to say though I’m double thinking maybe I shouldnt have ordered so soon to have these problems, I know they’re trying to fix these things and work the quirks out but to have these problems so soon, body gaps, paint blemishes,etc is not what I want to hear, especially from my build that’s been sitting in JB for three weeks. Makes me believe there was a lot more things wrong on my truck than a soft top and the longer it stays the worse I feel. In hindsight you could probably say it might be better that we had it built so soon this way we are more closely checked but the paint blemishes is what would bother me. Anyway you are very lucky to get that tour it looked fun and you look happy!

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that my white Rubi stuck in JB since 1/31!!! Your truck looks awesome! I got to say though I’m double thinking maybe I shouldnt have ordered so soon to have these problems, I know they’re trying to fix these things and work the quirks out but to have these problems so soon, body gaps, paint blemishes,etc is not what I want to hear, especially from my build that’s been sitting in JB for three weeks. Makes me believe there was a lot more things wrong on my truck than a soft top and the longer it stays the worse I feel. In hindsight you could probably say it might be better that we had it built so soon this way we are more closely checked but the paint blemishes is what would bother me. Anyway you are very lucky to get that tour it looked fun and you look happy!
Hello NY neighbor. My build was 12/17, so obviously it was built during the first batch releases. One thing my 12 years in the Army taught me was attention to detail. I went over mine like a boot camp inspection, and I can't see any misalignment, paint blemishes, etc. The build quality seems impressive, and everything shuts/closes/turns/twists without any glitches. I am very impressed so far, and hope that you don't let the fact that the factory is finding some minor issues here and there bother you. Even vehicles in their last year of production have issues.
Sponsored