Considering electronic MyTop?

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Your not the first person who I’ve heard say this. However the current owners took over the operation from the prior owner who apparently didn’t have the best reputation and from what I been able to gather they are very committed to creating a superb product. The new tops for both jk and jl were designed this year and I suspect they are much improved compared to the prior owners generation one model.
I heard the same thing before we agreed to install the second one. The second one was far worse. Literally had the “engineer” tell me “ well that’s impossible “ when I sent pics of the way the hard panels were leaving significant and uneven gaps.
All of that said, the new factory soft tops are very easy to deal with but everyone’s experience will be different.
If you decide to go the mytop route all I can ask is that you are realistic about the installation complexity. Final fitment is veeeerrrryy tedious. But it can be done.
Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
I heard the same thing before we agreed to install the second one. The second one was far worse. Literally had the “engineer” tell me “ well that’s impossible “ when I sent pics of the way the hard panels were leaving significant and uneven gaps.
All of that said, the new factory soft tops are very easy to deal with but everyone’s experience will be different.
If you decide to go the mytop route all I can ask is that you are realistic about the installation complexity. Final fitment is veeeerrrryy tedious. But it can be done.
Sorry to double back on this but, when was this? Are you referring to the new owners out of Georgia? And was this the redesigned JK top that came out this year?

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Sorry to double back on this but, when was this? Are you referring to the new owners out of Georgia? And was this the redesigned JK top that came out this year?
I honestly can’t remember. I installed 2 in the last 4 years, both were nightmares but I worked on a ton of jeeps so it’s a blur. I was told that there were new owners and a better fit for the jk which is the only reason I agreed to do a second one, there were new owners but it still had fitment issues.
As with anything companies can completely 180 and get far better or worse so sometimes you have to roll the dice and either be surprised at the improvements or burned by the sales pitch. That’s a fairly expensive gamble in my book though.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Totally worth every penny to me. Got got twice in Florida's now its sunny then 2 seconds later rain storm and ended up roadside putting up the top. Not happening with my jl gonna go mytop letting the professionals worry about the install. Since when do jeepers care about their wallets anyways... you can't worry about 3 things when you love your jeep... 1. Ur hair. 2. Ur gas. 3. Ur wallet.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
Any news on when JL production will begin?

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I was told early june.
I have been on the waiting list since last june... I get a lot of email updates but still no top. I've heard there are still issues?.? Regardless if you are considering one correct installation by someone who has installed them before is the only way to go....

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I have installed two on jk’s, baffled their engineers and sworn I would never touch one of their products again. Both times fitment was a disaster that took a lot of time and tools that most people don’t have to fix.
I ordered one... waited forever.... finally cancelled (bought a year newer jeep) and during the wait i didn't find anyone who would willingly install it bc they said the last jk version was such a pain!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I'm loving the heck out of mine!
Who installed??? Any problems? I absolutely love the whole concept but failed at finding someone to install! 3500 + labor is a steal! Anythings better than pulling over in the rain and trying to close the top no matter how easy...a button is much better!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Who installed??? Any problems? I absolutely love the whole concept but failed at finding someone to install! 3500 + labor is a steal! Anythings better than pulling over in the rain and trying to close the top no matter how easy...a button is much better!
No problems so far, it’s actually even quieter than my hardtop. It gets easier and easier the more I use it.

Use their dealer locator to find your nearest installer.
https://mytop.us/pages/dealer-installer
Call that shop and let them know what you want. Most shops prefer to order for you since it helps them out.

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Love that top! Will get in the spring as i only have a hard top!
Your not the first person who I’ve heard say this. However the current owners took over the operation from the prior owner who apparently didn’t have the best reputation and from what I been able to gather they are very committed to creating a superb product. The new tops for both jk and jl were designed this year and I suspect they are much improved compared to the prior owners generation one model.
They are terrible to deal with.

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
The new owners are awful and the customer service doesn’t exist. Have had a top on for 6 months that has never functioned right. And owner tells me I am wrong- as I am looking at a shock broken in 2 for the second time
Sponsored