Sponsored

MyTop? Has anyone installed this on there jeep?

Rmessi88

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sting gray
As the title say I'm looking for Info from any users that have switched to this aftermarket top, Called mytop. It seems like a cool soft top but is it worth it and is it as nice as the factory top. Ill put the link below if anyone wants to check it out. Thanks in advance for any info from anyone that owns it.

https://mytop.us/
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I remember these from when they came out for the JK. As I recall, they had allot of issues with the mechanicals and gears stripping.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Jeeperific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited 70th
Also considering, like to hear from those with the My Top.

Have a Gray Crystal JL and like the Black, Black Gray (seems thicker) and Titanium colors the best. Heard from people that the quality issues were worked out and it comes with a much longer warranty than we get for our JLs.

Am concerned that tailgate access gets limited by the soft top cutting access in half but do not know.

As for fabric Samples the black silver seems the most durable because it is thicker and heavier weight.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Am concerned that tailgate access gets limited by the soft top cutting access in half but do not know.

As for fabric Samples the black silver seems the most durable because it is thicker and heavier weight.
Uploaded this just for you

As for the fabric, it doesn't matter which color you choose, they are all the same thicc triple layered tops.

Sponsored

Jeeperific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited 70th
As for the fabric, it doesn't matter which color you choose, they are all the same thicc triple layered tops.
MyTOp sent me six color samples. The weight and thickness are different on the Black - Silver (03) and the weave might be different. It seems like it has different color in the warp and weft. Nor sure if jean terminology applies to this fabric.

Your black top looks incredible and thanks for sharing all the info. Your videos are great.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
MyTOp sent me six color samples. The weight and thickness are different on the Black - Silver (03) and the weave might be different. It seems like it has different color in the warp and weft. Nor sure if jean terminology applies to this fabric.

Your black top looks incredible and thanks for sharing all the info. Your videos are great.
Sounds like plain color swatches. The actual @myTop has 3 separate layers. Only the outer most layer is/can be a different color. You could always contact them and ask. I only have the black.

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
As the title say I'm looking for Info from any users that have switched to this aftermarket top, Called mytop. It seems like a cool soft top but is it worth it and is it as nice as the factory top. Ill put the link below if anyone wants to check it out. Thanks in advance for any info from anyone that owns it.

https://mytop.us/
This company is awful to deal with and doesn’t Stan behind the top at all. I had one installed 6 months ago- has not worked correctly even one day of that 6 months.

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
This company is awful to deal with and doesn’t Stan behind the top at all. I had one installed 6 months ago- has not worked correctly even one day of that 6 months.
What did the company tell you when you contacted them regarding the malfunction?

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
That it was an adjustment issue. Did I have a man he could talk to? The shock broke first day it was installed. Took 4 months to come in. Broke again first use- this time worse. Velcro failing around bottom of top. Wants to replace part for second time- the one that has never worked.

Sponsored

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
What did the company tell you when you contacted them regarding the malfunction?
For those looking at a MyTop please reconsider. I had this installed on a new Jeep in November of 2021. The day I brought it home a part broke off the driver's side shock. It took 6 months to get another shipped- the company was largely nonresponsive. In that time the LED close button burned out. The driver's side front does not sit flush with the window. The velcro is coming undone all the way around the base. A part was shipped and took 8 hours to install--it broke again the first time I used it! The shock completely buckled. The company has been terrible to deal with in every way. They want to ship out the exact same part to replace- that has broke twice within the first use. I have had this on my Jeep for 6 months and IT HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL PROPERLY. I used one of their listed "certified premium installers" also. Now that I am digging I hear other stories of gears stripping and this same shock issue.
Also- the owner of the company was incredibly disrespectful to me. He actually said to me over the phone "don't you have a man in your life I can speak to? A boyfriend, husband, grandfather, brother, a male neighbor with a hammer?" He keeps saying this is an easy fix, but his premium certified installer is the only one who has touched the top and it remains broken. He wanted me to take a rubber mallet and hit it.
The only resolution the company will provide is to resend the same part. Update- I spoke with another individual at the company- there is a known quality issue with the damper/shock on the tops and they are installing to wait and see who has issues.

ValkyrieFalling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
For those looking at a MyTop please reconsider. I had this installed on a new Jeep in November of 2021. The day I brought it home a part broke off the driver's side shock. It took 6 months to get another shipped- the company was largely nonresponsive. In that time the LED close button burned out. The driver's side front does not sit flush with the window. The velcro is coming undone all the way around the base. A part was shipped and took 8 hours to install--it broke again the first time I used it! The shock completely buckled. The company has been terrible to deal with in every way. They want to ship out the exact same part to replace- that has broke twice within the first use. I have had this on my Jeep for 6 months and IT HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL PROPERLY. I used one of their listed "certified premium installers" also. Now that I am digging I hear other stories of gears stripping and this same shock issue.
Also- the owner of the company was incredibly disrespectful to me. He actually said to me over the phone "don't you have a man in your life I can speak to? A boyfriend, husband, grandfather, brother, a male neighbor with a hammer?" He keeps saying this is an easy fix, but his premium certified installer is the only one who has touched the top and it remains broken. He wanted me to take a rubber mallet and hit it.
The only resolution the company will provide is to resend the same part. Update- I spoke with another individual at the company- there is a known quality issue with the damper/shock on the tops and they are installing to wait and see who has issues.
Goodness!

This sounds so messed up! Hope you get your issues resolved. And thanks for the warning!
Sponsored