Sponsored

MyTop

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Finally received my mytop order. Love it!!! Install was not too bad. I modded in the sky one-touch button instead of using the buttons that come with the top.
Jeep Wrangler JL MyTop 6890E164-3631-4703-B1DD-CD4E67B0648A
Jeep Wrangler JL MyTop 30C54905-BE0F-4F74-85F2-21A8F870C6AB
Jeep Wrangler JL MyTop 9065B1AE-3726-407A-9CBA-5ABF50496F45

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Pretty great...did you do the entire install? I got an email saying they now have the 2 door available for order.

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Pretty great...did you do the entire install? I got an email saying they now have the 2 door available for order.
Yes. They are shipping them now pre assembled so its not that bad. The wiring probably takes the move time to be honest. Fitment was pretty good but did have to apply some pressure to get a couple bolts in.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
If you don't mind, How long of an install was it and were their directions to do so adequate?

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
If you don't mind, How long of an install was it and were their directions to do so adequate?
It took me about 4-5 hrs but that is also being very meticulous with the wiring. The directions get about a 7-8. I watch several videos and the install is very straight forward once you get into it.

Sponsored

carpecervisi

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS
I love the Sky One Touch mod, nicely done! Where did you source those parts from?

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
In case anyone is interested, here's the exact link:
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-power-top-switch-6ac65tx7aa

Fonzie, thanks! Were there any other trim bits you needed to make it look that clean or did the switch come with everything?
You have to cut the trim but at leat in my 2018, there is actually a template on the plastic as I assume the mold is used for all trim levels. You cant change to the one touch trim as it does not have cutouts for the clamps (I learned this the hard way and now own a trim piece that I cant use... LOL) I used an exacto knife and carefully cut thru the trim and just kept trying the switch until it fit. The fit is good but not 100% perfect but noone would notice outside of yourself... I'll upload a pic I took just gotta find it...

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Jeep Wrangler JL MyTop 98BD31D8-7540-482E-8F78-650949B83394

Sponsored

OP
OP

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
You also have to change the harness to accept the switch. Luckily it just plugs in and the switch illuminates. It provides ground trigger, so I tapped into the wire harness going down the a-pillar on dr side to activate the mytop relays...

MAjeep21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
For those looking at a MyTop please reconsider. I has this installed on a new Jeep in November of 2021. The day I brought it home a part broke off the driver's side shock. It took 6 months to get another shipped- the company was largely nonresponsive. In that time the LED close button burned out. The driver's side front does not sit flush with the window. The velcro is coming undone all the way around the base. A part was shipped and took 8 hours to install--it broke again the first time I used it! The shock completely buckled. The company has been terrible to deal with in every way. They want to ship out the exact same part to replace- that has broke twice within the first use. I have had this on my Jeep for 6 months and IT HAS NOT WORKED AT ALL PROPERLY. I used one of their listed "certified premium installers" also. Now that I am digging I hear other stories of gears stripping and this same shock issue.
Also- the owner of the company was incredibly disrespectful to me. He actually said to me over the phone "don't you have a man in your life I can speak to? A boyfriend, husband, grandfather, brother, a male neighbor with a hammer?" He keeps saying this is an easy fix, but his premium certified installer is the only one who has touched the top and it remains broken. He wanted me to take a rubber mallet and hit it.
The only resolution the company will provide is to resend the same part.
Sponsored