Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Has anyone seen this? Looks pretty cool. https://mytop.us
No doubt Tyler...that is cool. But if you have the soft top already and are willing to accept Sunrider position only opening and closing,

….and ideally have the space on the Sports Bar due to a lack of the large antenna up there

(Number 1 in this picture of this thread)

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/devices-on-sports-bar-top.15730/

Mine's $50. I haven't gotten around to plans yet. I will. By no means is it rocket science to make.

The funkiest tool used is an angle grinder, which you can pick up at Harbor Freight for a "song."

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-soft-top.13374/#post-402695

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Cool, but not $3500 cool.

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Love that top! Will get in the spring as i only have a hard top!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I completely agree Brian. As you can see from the bikini top thread, I like to save the dollars for things on the rig I really can’t make for myself.

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
As easy as the JL soft top is to take down I don’t see many people putting these on a JL - I can literally drop my top on less than 5mins.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
This seems like a no brainer purchase. How much more is it compared to the JL top? And the fact that you can close it or open it in 8 seconds is amazing. I can forsee driving around town top down and then getting ready to get on freeway and putting top up. I can see top up everytime you park somewhere and top down everytime you drive away. I would get so much more use of the top down with a automatic top like this one. Is it cheap no, but the utility is incredible - no denying it.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
This seems like a no brainer purchase. How much more is it compared to the JL top? And the fact that you can close it or open it in 8 seconds is amazing. I can forsee driving around town top down and then getting ready to get on freeway and putting top up. I can see top up everytime you park somewhere and top down everytime you drive away. I would get so much more use of the top down with a automatic top like this one. Is it cheap no, but the utility is incredible - no denying it.
Only $3500 for a lifetime of convenient pleasure

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Completely agree. I saw this at SEMA. It will be more than that as the guy said it is about a 4-5 hour install as well. When you see it up close the fit and finish for me was not a $3500 product.

Cool idea though.

Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are they saying they are available now?
They are taking “orders” but there’s no specifics about shipping. They also are not taking payment until it ships which is nice.

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
I have installed two on jk’s, baffled their engineers and sworn I would never touch one of their products again. Both times fitment was a disaster that took a lot of time and tools that most people don’t have to fix.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your not the first person who I’ve heard say this. However the current owners took over the operation from the prior owner who apparently didn’t have the best reputation and from what I been able to gather they are very committed to creating a superb product. The new tops for both jk and jl were designed this year and I suspect they are much improved compared to the prior owners generation one model.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clearly I’m optimistic.
Sponsored