Connecting LED lights (Wiring Help)

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I installed 2 inch LED cubes. The harness that came with kit has a wire harness with a switch I need to remove so I can hook it up to the Jeep accessory 40 Amp switch. The switch I need to remove has a black, white, and blue cable coming out. How do I cut the switch out and splice the cables correctly?

Thanks
Sponsored

MarieSimmons

First Name
Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Hello
To remove the connection of switch first you need to cut black wire and then blue as per my knowledge. You can also refer the manuals available on the internet for more information, as I have not done it practically but the black is for ground and the blue is to supply.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I installed 2 inch LED cubes. The harness that came with kit has a wire harness with a switch I need to remove so I can hook it up to the Jeep accessory 40 Amp switch. The switch I need to remove has a black, white, and blue cable coming out. How do I cut the switch out and splice the cables correctly?

Thanks
See if this thread helps, also you shouldn’t need to use a 40a switch for cube lights.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rough-country-cube-lights.4574/

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I installed on the 15 amp #3 Aux switch. Easy as hooking up speaker wires with that aux cables in engine compartment. I cut the relay and switch out of the harness which made it easy.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed on the 15 amp #3 Aux switch. Easy as hooking up speaker wires with that aux cables in engine compartment. I cut the relay and switch out of the harness which made it easy.
Do you have any pictures of the installation? I ordered a set of Baja Design lights and am waiting for them to get here. Also what did you use for the ground?

Sponsored

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you have any pictures of the installation? I ordered a set of Baja Design lights and am waiting for them to get here. Also what did you use for the ground?
there is 2 ground nuts near the wires in the engine bay

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
there is 2 ground nuts near the wires in the engine bay
Do you have a picture of the ground bolts? I'm just trying to plan out the install before all the mounting brackets and lights officially get here. I know I'll have to remove some of the wiring harness being sent with the lights since I have the HD electrical Aux kit and don't knee the switch or any relays. I really just need the ground wire eyelet and the positive terminal to splice onto either Aux #3/#4

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
There is a ground lug near where the accessory wire box is for the ground, righr side of engine copartment. You'll find the wire with a plastic cap on it. Remove it and run the positive light wire directly to the positive accessory wire and the ground to the ground lug/nut. Easy.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just got my wiring harness and am still waiting on the mounts (should be here Monday). I took a picture of where the included fuse and switch are and was wondering if I can just cut the fuse off and that would leave the end of the wire which I would then splice into the Aux switch of my choice? Then for the switch would I essentially have to cut all those wires and splice together the red and black wires to essentially remove the switch?

20180420_134231.jpg
20180420_134251.jpg

Jvillz

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, 2019 Jeep Sport S
Just got my wiring harness and am still waiting on the mounts (should be here Monday). I took a picture of where the included fuse and switch are and was wondering if I can just cut the fuse off and that would leave the end of the wire which I would then splice into the Aux switch of my choice? Then for the switch would I essentially have to cut all those wires and splice together the red and black wires to essentially remove the switch?

20180420_134231.jpg
20180420_134251.jpg
Just got this harness and need to do the same modification. What did you end up having to do?

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just got this harness and need to do the same modification. What did you end up having to do?
Do you have the AUX switches? If you plan on connecting to those you can essentially cut the switch out. You don't really need the fuse since the AUX switches already have fuses but you could also leave that one in. Once you cut the wires leading into the switch, then you'll want to splice the red (there should only be a single red wire left that is spliced together at the end, you can discard the other one coming off the switch) and black wires to their respective colors. Once that is done, just hook the black terminal to a ground point near the battery and then splice the red end to the AUX wire in the engine bay.

*Depending on the current draw of your lights, I'd check the current rating for each AUX number (I think there's a forum that directly addresses this).
Sponsored