ROAM Side Steps light wiring (or any step lights with door open illumination.)

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Yeah, I don’t think you’ll even notice the holes if you decide not to install the lights.
Thanks, rails should be in this week but just don't have a need or desire to have them lit up

Advertisement

BWWJL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don’t think you’ll even notice the holes if you decide not to install the lights.
No lights installed and not plugged and think they look fine/good.

TOOBSOCK

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Just finished my install of these. Wired the lights together then tapped into the pass side footwell light. Very happy with the look. Thanks for the write-up, it was very informative.
576B570E-F950-45FF-BDBC-5DB246262620.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Started this last night and ran out of daylight before finishing. I only had enough time to connect all the light wires together. Which was a PITA as I kept the sliders on the jeep. The tiny wires were tough to deal with but I'm pretty sure that was the hardest part.

**Update -

Welp - I failed.... sorta. Only 6 of the 8 lights lite up and they constantly flickered. The faulty connection is somewhere on the drivers side slider. Round 2 on Sunday. Taking the sliders off and soldering together a better harness.

Question for everyone - how can I test each light to make sure they work? 9V battery?

Last edited:

Scarabmike

First Name
Miguel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just went through almost all this thread, and Ive seen some people ask the same question. My footwells will stay on (but they dim) while the jeep is running. I like that feature. Does anyone know, or has spliced the upper center dome light on the sound bar? Seems that one is the better option, and has the fade away feature.

Advertisement

Hothead Headliners

Advertisement