Sponsored

Rough Country Cube lights

Turbo50

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU (SOLD), 2016 Mustang GT, 1993 Mustang, and a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Installed tonight. Good solid bracket and easy install.

20180301_203929.jpg

20180301_204311.jpg
Looks good. I have the same kit on my counter. Did you use the connections under the hood or run them in the cab?

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Thats the plan, just need help with figuring out how to jump the wires to get rid of the harness on/off switch and use the jeep aux switch.

Turbo50

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU (SOLD), 2016 Mustang GT, 1993 Mustang, and a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the plan, just need help with figuring out how to jump the wires to get rid of the harness on/off switch and use the jeep aux switch.
Let me know how it goes.

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
The 2in cubes as a pair only pull 4amps so using the 15amp will be more than safe. The 30in single row only pulls 13.5 amps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Here's what Rough Country passed along to remove harness switch;

- black wire, ground to jeep chassis
- white wire to jeep aux connector
- blue wire is capped off, not used

I will use the 15 amp switch. More to.come when done.....

Turbo50

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase

That should make it pretty simple.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU

To clarify, the wires you mentioned are the wires to the switch? I thought you get rid of the harness relay, fuse, and switch and just run the red wire to your Aux wire in the engine compartment and the black to the frame. Doesn't the Aux bank already have its own relay, fuses etc. or am I mistaken?

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
To clarify, the wires you mentioned are the wires to the switch? I thought you get rid of the harness relay, fuse, and switch and just run the red wire to your Aux wire in the engine compartment and the black to the frame. Doesn't the Aux bank already have its own relay, fuses etc. or am I mistaken?
You are correct. You will not use the fuse and relay from our harness and will just connect the black to the ground and red to the AUX wire. I just sent a memo internally making are all the guys know this.

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Thanks. I was.planning to install wire harness tomorrow. Easy now!

Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
You are correct. You will not use the fuse and relay from our harness and will just connect the black to the ground and red to the AUX wire. I just sent a memo internally making are all the guys know this.
Thanks very much for that clarification. One additional question since I have you (and I'm interested in getting the RC 30 inch hood LED)...I know the portion of the LED wire that comes from the light itself attaches to the rest of the harness via a plug connector. Is there enough wire coming from your hood LED to run directly to the Aux wire near the battery or do you have to connect the connector and then cut the wire at the point where you get near the fuse and relay to have enough wire to reach the aux wire? Thanks for the help...

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Thanks very much for that clarification. One additional question since I have you (and I'm interested in getting the RC 30 inch hood LED)...I know the portion of the LED wire that comes from the light itself attaches to the rest of the harness via a plug connector. Is there enough wire coming from your hood LED to run directly to the Aux wire near the battery or do you have to connect the connector and then cut the wire at the point where you get near the fuse and relay to have enough wire to reach the aux wire? Thanks for the help...
You will have plenty of wire since you will just be cutting off the relay, fuse and switch from our harness. Once you do that I would run the wire to the Aux wires then trim to fit. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
@Rough Country Suspensions, I love these lights! Is there a mount that makes it possible to put the windshield down? I would hate to have to remove my lights that I’ll need at night to be able to enjoy the breeze during the day!

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
@Rough Country Suspensions, I love these lights! Is there a mount that makes it possible to put the windshield down? I would hate to have to remove my lights that I’ll need at night to be able to enjoy the breeze during the day!
There is not currently a bracket we have that will do that. I will tell the guys in R&D to look at making that.

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
There is not currently a bracket we have that will do that. I will tell the guys in R&D to look at making that.
Thank you! :like:I figure if it stays within the profile of the mirror it won’t be sticking out too far, right? Just enough to get the winshield down so you’re not giving up one awesome feature for another.
Sponsored