First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Apparently over the weekend my 2018 JLR V6/Auto received some sort of software update. It's now very confused and thinks it has a manual transmission. Went to start this AM and saw this message on the screen.

Jeep Wrangler JL Confused Jeep 1591004108978

Fortunately it was just a displayed message and not some overly integrated thing that was actually looking for input from a clutch sensor somewhere and was able to start normally. I didn't have time to dig through everything else to see what has changed, but on quick observation, in addition to the clutch message, my odometer display is gone, as is my ability to configure the instrument cluster to display the info I want.

If it ain't broke, we'll fix it until it is....
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Well, I guess that's one nice thing about having the 5" Uconnect. No updates :like: Hopefully they get a patch out soon.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I have the same exact issue with mine. I also have the 999999 odometer issue, but I haven’t had a chance to get it taken in for the bulletin software flash.

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I also have the 999999 odometer issue
I think I'd actually be happy with the 999999 odometer. Mine is just gone altogether. Maybe this means my warranty will last forever.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Apparently over the weekend my 2018 JLR V6/Auto received some sort of software update. It's now very confused and thinks it has a manual transmission. Went to start this AM and saw this message on the screen.

Jeep Wrangler JL Confused Jeep 1591004108978

Fortunately it was just a displayed message and not some overly integrated thing that was actually looking for input from a clutch sensor somewhere and was able to start normally. I didn't have time to dig through everything else to see what has changed, but on quick observation, in addition to the clutch message, my odometer display is gone, as is my ability to configure the instrument cluster to display the info I want.

If it ain't broke, we'll fix it until it is....
I have the same exact issue with mine. I also have the 999999 odometer issue, but I haven’t had a chance to get it taken in for the bulletin software flash.
We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
If I put aluminum foil over my eyes I won't be able to see it. That might help.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s FCA for you.

If it ain’t broken, try again...