Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
I have another question, my friend said I could nab a sport s and outfit it to be as capable as a rubicon or a moab for cheaper. My concern is then would I be able to get a Moab or Rubicon sticker to put on the hood because I think it looks so Cool! Thanks.
That appears to be what Rocky Ridge has done on some models. Added mods to a Sport S. This can be a better way to go if you want specific items and look (not the sticker part). Also a better way to go if you are going to swap out wheels and tires anyway so you aren't paying a premium for wheels and tires you don't want. Possible to sell them as take offs though.

Ultimately your ride and your call....
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hey, future Jeeper here, I was wondering what I should get. I am deciding between a Rubicon, a Moab, or a Rocky Ridge. I understand the Rubicon is the classic capable Jeep which as I plan on taking it to the beach once a weekend I feel like I need something off-road capable, the Moab seems to be the top of the line now and I LOVE the way it looks, and the Rocky Ridge even though it is a little more money, seems to be the best of both worlds, agressive mud tires, huge lift, and just overall COOL looks. Please help me out, money ain't no thang so either or is good. Thanks, can't wait to give everyone a jeep wave!
Your going from "money ain't no thang" to putting Rubicon stickers on a Sport?

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
Rubicon.dana44, 4.10 ratio axle gearing, 4:1 transfercase ratio, lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect... 'nuff said.
put that into a sport, and you're way over the cost of a rubicon.

OP
OP

Jlcurious

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep liberty
Rubicon.dana44, 4.10 ratio axle gearing, 4:1 transfercase ratio, lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect... 'nuff said.
I have also heard that if you outfit a rubicon the same as a Moab it is more expensive than the Moab so I guess the Moab is better.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I have also heard that if you outfit a rubicon the same as a Moab it is more expensive than the Moab so I guess the Moab is better.
Sounds like youā€™re equating cost with better. Decide your uses, then pick the right tool for the job. Then add whatever bells and whistles suit you.
Thatā€™s basically it. Pick the tool for your uses. You probably shouldnā€™t do brain surgery with a hammer.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Since money ainā€™t no thang, the best thing for a guy like you is to buy a sport s, put all the rubicon goodies, lockers, hood, etc and the hood decal. That way you have Jeep you built that is unique to you ;)

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Since money ainā€™t no thang, the best thing for a guy like you is to buy a sport s, put all the rubicon goodies, lockers, hood, etc and the hood decal. That way you have Jeep you built that is unique to you ;)
^^^^^^^ This!

Now, the confusion has been eliminated and the issue resolved. Congrats on your new Sport S. Looking forward to seeing the build progression.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And without a warranty.

OP
OP

Jlcurious

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep liberty
Hm I think I am actually leaning towards the Moab, shouldn't be hard to option up to that.

Sponsored

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
What creature comforts does the Moab offer that a Rubicon doesnā€™t?
To my knowledge the ā€œMcKinley Leather Seats with Jeep Logoā€ are only available for the MOAB (have different sales codes AL vrs FL), the wider rock rails that double as a step are both features I appreciate in my mall crawler. Maybe creature comforts was a bad choice of words. Fully equipped with most options would have been better.

Last edited:

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
If you would like to do an all out build, a sport is a great canvas... I've done it (still building it/ could've bought 2 Rubi's); it gets expensive and without the creature comforts.

The deciding factor for me would be:

I want a Jeep to drive on snowy roads in winter and the beach in the summer (limited slip & full time 4wd) Daily driver not going to push the vehicle limits (ever) - Moab (I purchased a Moab for my daughter this past Christmas)

I want a Jeep that is capable in all situations and I want to start doing more off road excursions. A vehicle I can grow with and do more challenging adventures. - Rubicon

Both vehicles have their place.... Actually the price of a Rubicon and Moab are pretty close.

Our family has 5 Wranglers 3 Rubi's 1 Moab and a sport.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To my knowledge the ā€œMcKinley Leather Seats with Jeep Logoā€ are only available for the MOAB (have different sales codes AL vrs FL), the wider rock rails that double as a step are both features I appreciate in my mall crawler. Maybe creature comforts was a bad choice of words. Fully equipped with most options would have been better.
How are the wider MOAB rock rails as steps? Do the job and like them?

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
How are the wider MOAB rock rails as steps? Do the job and like them?
My Jeep is isnā€™t high enough (yet) for me to bother using them. I have used them and they are more than wide enough for the average dude to step onto. My wife appreciates them, and used them to get in. For me, the extra two inches make a huge difference by keeping the dirt/ road debris from kicking up into the doors.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I thought you may have meant a Moab jeep from Moab Industries. A guy at work has a JKU that has been modified by Moab Ind. Lift, 35 Toyo M/Ts, etc. Looks decent. They buy aftermarket parts and install them and slap a decal on it.
http://moabindustries.com
Sponsored